* Another font problem
@ 2005-04-11  5:53 Thomas A.Schmitz
From: Thomas A.Schmitz @ 2005-04-11  5:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just ran into a smallish yet annoying font problem. After getting the
Adobe Type Classics for Learning CD, I prepared a couple of fonts for
work with ConTeXt. I was mostly successful. I wanted to have a Garamond
with oldstyle figures as default, so I used a custom encoding vector;
the only difference to texnansi was zerooldstyle etc instead of zero
etc. This works well, but: in German, (mainlanguage[de]), I can't get
the baseline double quotes to work. In the "normal" Garamond, "` in the
source produces the desired result. In the oldstyle Garamond, I don't
get the ligature (character 132 in texnansi), but instead what appears
to be two commas juxtapposed. I assume this is some fallback defined
somewhere. So the question is: what feature defines this ligature? It
is language-specific and works only wihtin German text. And, more
importantly: why doesn't this work with my modified texnansi-variant?

Best

Thomas

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-04-11  5:53 UTC | newest]