From: jbf <roma83537@gmail.com>
To: Henning Hraban Ramm <texml@fiee.net>
Subject: Re: author in ToC and other design complications
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2020 20:08:55 +1000	[thread overview]

Thanks, and I am sure that this entry into the wiki will be also helpful
for others. For me it will be step by step, and using your information I
can now at least get an author's name into the toc! But that's about
all. Just know that when you say (in the new wiki addition) 'check on
\rawstructurelistuservariable' that  link simply tells me 'There is
currently no text in this page'. That leaves someone like me without a
lot of the long-gained knowledge that others have, quite lost :-)

But I took your example and adjusted it for, say, a chapter which has
just a title (no subtitle) and an author, and added, below what I
already have in the preamble:

\define[1]\ChapterTocEntry{%
   \structurelistuservariable{author}\crlf%
   #1\crlf% title
   %\structurelistuservariable{subtitle}}%
}

\setuplist[chapter][
   textcommand=\ChapterTocEntry,
]

So, in other words I swapped the word 'section' in your example with
'chapter'. That now gives me in the ToC, something like the following:

One   Author name

          Title                        pg no.

Which is pretty much what I am after. Hooray! But how do I get that in
reverse? And how do I get the word 'chapter' to also appear in front of
'One'? You see what I mean by needing step-by-step. Maybe there are not
too many nearly 75+-year-olds still surviving Covid and working with
ConTeXt! But I don't give up too easily, so let me just get this next
step right with a bit of help.

Julian