From: "Eckhart Guthöhrlein" <eckhart_guthoehrlein@public.uni-hamburg.de>
Cc: Context Support List <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Problem installing context with miktex
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 19:59:05 +0200	[thread overview]

At 16:17 07.07.2001 +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
> >Just in case I am running ActiveState Perl 5.6.1.628, Miktex 2.0 in
> >Windows NT 4.00.1381 SP6, 512 Mb RAM and plenty of HD space. Any help
> >will be appreciated.
>
>well, there are miktex users on this list; is there anyone who uses miktex
>on win nt?
>
>is pdftex / pdfetex recognized as a valid program?

Well, I followed the discussion, but I don't know what the problem is. I'm
using MikTeX 2.1 with Windows 2000 SP1, ActivePerl 5.6.0.623, and
everything works fine. I followed the instructions as Luis seems to have
done it, set up the paths etc. Just to make sure: do you have a complete
MikTeX installation *including pdfetex*? Did you add /texmf/context/perltk
to your path, with runperl.exe renamed in this directory? (Don't want to
insult your intelligence...)
I tried without pdfetex on my machine, but my error message differs ('The
command "pdfetex" has been written incorrectly or cannot be found.') The
lines Luis has in his .tmp file, are they written by texexec? I assume
this, so a problem calling pdfetex might be the reason. If not, I don't
have any more ideas for now.
Btw, I can recommend upgrading to miktex 2.1, the automatic package
updating is a nice feature (well, at least for LaTeX users with dozens of
add-on packages, but the context archive is not yet up-to-date, i think, so
knowing the manual way is always an advantage).

Eckhart