* aer bodyfont and \AA
@ 2001-07-25 14:47 Eckhart Guthöhrlein
From: Eckhart Guthöhrlein @ 2001-07-25 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have noticed that after

\setupbodyfont[aer]

the command \AA produces only A without ring. \Aring gives me the expected
symbol. I was not able to spot the reason myself, and I really need that
symbol, so I would be glad to receive some help...

?
Eckhart

* Re: aer bodyfont and \AA
@ 2001-07-26 11:10 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-07-26 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 04:47 PM 7/25/2001 +0200, Eckhart Guthöhrlein wrote:
>I have noticed that after
>
>\setupbodyfont[aer]
>
>the command \AA produces only A without ring. \Aring gives me the expected
>symbol. I was not able to spot the reason myself, and I really need that
>symbol, so I would be glad to receive some help...

replace this file, regenerate the format and off you go

Hans

[-- Attachment #2: enco-com.tex --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 827 bytes --]

%D \module
%D   [     file=enco-com,
%D      version=2000.20.12, % split from base file
%D        title=\CONTEXT\ Encoding Macros,
%D     subtitle=Composed Characters Commands,
%D       author=Hans Hagen,
%D         date=\currentdate,
%D    copyright=Hans Hagen \& Ton Otten]
%C
%C This module is part of the \CONTEXT\ macro||package and is
%C therefore copyrighted by \PRAGMA. See mreadme.pdf for
%C details.

%D Here we map some \quote {short} names onto the more
%D verbose glyph names.

\def\AA{\Aring}
\def\aa{\aring}
\def\AE{\AEligature}
\def\ae{\aeligature}
\def\CC{\Ccedilla}
\def\cc{\ccedilla}
\def \L{\Lstroke}
\def \l{\lstroke}
\def \O{\Ostroke}
\def \o{\ostroke}
\def\OE{\OEligature}
\def\oe{\oeligature}
\def\SZ{\Ssharp}
\def\sz{\ssharp}
\def\SS{\ssharp}
\def\IJ{\IJligature}
\def\ij{\ijligature}

\endinput

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: aer bodyfont and \AA
@ 2001-07-26 21:14   ` Eckhart Guthöhrlein
From: Eckhart Guthöhrlein @ 2001-07-26 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 13:10 26.07.2001 +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
>At 04:47 PM 7/25/2001 +0200, Eckhart Guthöhrlein wrote:
>>I have noticed that after
>>
>>\setupbodyfont[aer]
>>
>>the command \AA produces only A without ring. \Aring gives me the
>>expected symbol. I was not able to spot the reason myself, and I really
>>need that symbol, so I would be glad to receive some help...
>
>replace this file, regenerate the format and off you go

Yes, it works, thank you. I have noticed a difference to the 'original'
behaviour: With cmr, \AA in math mode causes the usual 'Please use
\mathaccent in math mode' message. With aer, no eroor message is issued,
and no glyph is found in the output. I noticed this since I use the units
module with \Angstrom in text and math mode. My workaround definition is

\def\AA{\text{\Aring}}

With \text taken from m-math.tex. Btw, currently \usemodule[math] makes
context hang when loading m-math.tex - just to mention it in case it is
still of interest. The \text fragment I need works well, and since you are
currently working at extended math support anyway, the math module is
probably rather obsolete, or will be soon.

Greetings,

Eckhart