* new line in \writetolist ?
@ 2003-02-14 20:53 Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2003-02-14 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Same question again, perhaps a bit more clear...
(And, please, I need an answer until Sunday! Thanks.)

How can I make a line break in an \writetolist entry?
e.g.
\writetolist[chapter]{This is a very long chapter name\\that doesn't
fit in one line}

Neither \\ nor \crlf does anything.

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
--
www.fiee.net/texnique/
www.ramm.ch/context/

* Re: new line in \writetolist ?
@ 2003-02-19  9:25 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-02-19  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 09:53 PM 2/14/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Same question again, perhaps a bit more clear...
>(And, please, I need an answer until Sunday! Thanks.)
>
>How can I make a line break in an \writetolist entry?
>e.g.
>\writetolist[chapter]{This is a very long chapter name\\that doesn't fit
>in one line}
>
>Neither \\ nor \crlf does anything.

You can always define a command yourself, say:

\unexpanded\def\MyBreak{ }

prevents problems in comparisons

\writetolist[...]{...... MyBreak ....}

and then redefine \MyBreak when you include the list, say:

\def\MyBreak{\crlf\hskip1em}

Hans