* Re: Bug ?!? \protectbufferstrue
@ 2001-07-18 15:28 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2001-07-18 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello out there (I am just eating an apple from the netherlands
:-),

> Maybe this helps (in texexec)

[...]

It does help! Circle shows up.

\protectbuffersfalse
\setupcolors[state=start]
\starttext
\startuseMPgraphic{Kreis}
  fill fullcircle scaled 200pt withcolor .625yellow ;
\stopuseMPgraphic
\useMPgraphic{Kreis}
\stoptext

> don't forget to add teh \starttext -)
yes, ... I was confused by some error msg. But now its away
(b/e error)

> PS. Before testing, say:
>
> texutil --purge

I have removed all files except the mptest.tex (Just tried the
purge cmd - looks nice. I have written a small norton commander
like clone for emacs just to remove all files except the *tex
files, because context is flooding my dirs. )

Viele Gruesse,

  Patrick Gundlach

* Re: Bug ?!? \protectbufferstrue
@ 2001-07-18 15:47   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-07-18 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 05:28 PM 7/18/2001 +0200, Patrick Gundlach wrote

> > don't forget to add teh \starttext -)
>yes, ... I was confused by some error msg. But now its away
>(b/e error)

when a file has b/e errors texexec/util will kind of quit (to be sure),

actually, the mp stuff and buffers may flood the system, but context itself
only needs the tui.tuo

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Bug ?!? \protectbufferstrue
@ 2001-07-18 14:36   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-07-18 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 03:59 PM 7/18/2001 +0200, Patrick Gundlach wrote:

>both don't show the circle (instead a square with the error
>message name: dummy file:mpgraph.1 unknown)

Maybe this helps (in texexec)

  sub MPJobName
   { my $JobName = shift ;
     my $MPfile = shift ;
     my $MPJobName = '' ;
     if (-s "$JobName-$MPfile.mp">100)
       { $MPJobName = "$JobName-$MPfile.mp" }
     elsif (-s "$MPfile.mp">100)
       { $MPJobName = "$MPfile.mp" }
     else
       { $MPJobName = "" }
     return $MPJobName }

@ 2001-07-18 13:59 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2001-07-18 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

the file:

\protectbuffersfalse
\setupcolors[state=start]
\startuseMPgraphic{Kreis}
  fill fullcircle scaled 200pt withcolor .625yellow ;
\stopuseMPgraphic
\useMPgraphic{Kreis}
\stoptext

the release:

This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.14159-14h-released-20010417-2.1 (Web2C 7.3.3.1)
entering extended mode
ConTeXt  ver: 2001.7.11  fmt: 2001.7.16  int: english  mes: english

File cont-sys.tex:

%   \runMPgraphicstrue
%\runMPTEXgraphicstrue
  \recycleMPslotstrue
\useMETAFUNformattrue
\protectbufferstrue

texexec --automprun mptest.tex
and
texexec mptest.tex

both don't show the circle (instead a square with the error
message name: dummy file:mpgraph.1 unknown)

but if I comment out the \protectbufferfalse (so make
\protectbuffertrue because of cont-sys)
the circle shows up.

Viele Gruesse,

  Patrick Gundlach

* Re: Bug ?!? \protectbufferstrue
@ 2001-07-18  9:43   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-07-18  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 12:22 PM 7/17/2001 +0200, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
>Hi,
>
>it seems that a missing \protectbufferstrue causes a lot of
>malfunctioning. It happened to at least three people I know of
>:-) It might be worth (?) looking closer at this.

Indeed, so what exactly is the problem; mpgraph.mp is file that makes
troubles, and it happens that there can be a mpgraph.mp on a full tex
system. This means that teh [often unfortunate default global] search of
kpse finds the wrong file. This is why i make a dummy always as well as
test for the length. Now, the first question to answer is: does it happen
in the latest context?

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Bug ?!? \protectbufferstrue