* \loadmapfile stopped working
@ 2001-08-06  6:24 Richard Hensh
From: Richard Hensh @ 2001-08-06  6:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

All of a sudden the following command stopped working?

	\loadmapfile[texnansi-larabie-futurefont.map]

When I run a file using this command I get the following error. Keep in mind
that this command was working.

makemf --verbose forgottb
cannot find forgottb source file.
ttf2pk -q -n forgottb 1440
hbf2gf -q -p forgottb 1440
Consulting F:\texmf\miktex\config\config.makepk...
Consulting F:\localtexmf\dvips\config\config.ps...
makepk: don't know how to make forgottb.pk!

Warning: pdfetex (file forgottb): Font forgottb at 1440 not found

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can track down the problem?

The following command works

	\pdfmapfile{+texnansi-larabie-futurefont.map}

thanks
ricky

* Re: \loadmapfile stopped working
@ 2001-08-06  7:40 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-08-06  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 02:24 AM 8/6/2001 -0400, Richard Hensh wrote:
>All of a sudden the following command stopped working?
>
>         \loadmapfile[texnansi-larabie-futurefont.map]
>
>When I run a file using this command I get the following error. Keep in mind
>that this command was working.
>
>makemf --verbose forgottb
>cannot find forgottb source file.
>ttf2pk -q -n forgottb 1440
>hbf2gf -q -p forgottb 1440
>Consulting F:\texmf\miktex\config\config.makepk...
>Consulting F:\localtexmf\dvips\config\config.ps...
>makepk: don't know how to make forgottb.pk!
>Anyone have any suggestions on how I can track down the problem?

There can be several reasons.

(1) Depending on your version, did you put the following in your cont-sys.tex

    \autoloadmapfilestrue

(2) pdftex only loads map files on the first page [i'll discuss this with
thanh next week]

Since this is a tricky process, the next release will offer more control,
like blocking specific loads and so.

This weekend i finished a lot of font stuff [so if you want to test ...]
among which more clever typescripts, auto tfm/vf generation with
texfont.pl, etc. I also updated the font manual and made a demo suite. We
can now safely use at least tx / px / free urw / free adobe / and some more
with simple setups.

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* RE: \loadmapfile stopped working
@ 2001-08-06 12:10   ` Richard Hensh
From: Richard Hensh @ 2001-08-06 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks. I added the command \autoloadmapfilestrue as directed and it works
as expected. There is a side effect...I get dozens and dozens of these
messages in the log file:

	1.1{psfonts.map}{original-ams-cmr.map
	Warning: pdfetex (file original-ams-cmr.map): entry for `cmb10' already
exists,
	duplicates ignored

Should I be using a different psfonts.map file?

thanks
ricky

@ 2001-08-06 12:22     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-08-06 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 08:10 AM 8/6/2001 -0400, Richard Hensh wrote:
>Thanks. I added the command \autoloadmapfilestrue as directed and it works
>as expected. There is a side effect...I get dozens and dozens of these
>messages in the log file:
>
>         1.1{psfonts.map}{original-ams-cmr.map
>         Warning: pdfetex (file original-ams-cmr.map): entry for `cmb10'
> already
>exists,
>         duplicates ignored
>
>Should I be using a different psfonts.map file?

i uploaded a new beta with the posibility to block specific map files, see
cont-sys.rme

\preloadmapfile[original-ams-cmr.map]

and alike, which signals context not to tell pdftex to inlude the map.

The main problem with psfonts.map is that it has so much potential
conficting defs ...

Here i just decided to not use it any longer.

PS In this beta are also quite some new presentation styles (17 now, some
more will follow)
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl