* \symbol[square] in TABLE
@ 2001-08-15 17:07 Duncan Hothersall
From: Duncan Hothersall @ 2001-08-15 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

In the new TABLE processing I'm constructing a table with yes/no tickboxes.
When I type, for example,

\symbol[square]~Yes

in a normal paragraph, all is well.

However, in a table cell (i.e. between \bTD and \eTD) the same sequence
causes a line break between the square and the word - the non-breaking space
is put at the start of the next line followed by the word Yes.

I think this is a bug in the TABLE code, but I can't see anything helpful in
the logs. Is there a workaround or fix?

Thanks again,

Duncan

* Re: \symbol[square] in TABLE
@ 2001-08-20 13:20 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-08-20 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 06:07 PM 8/15/2001 +0100, Duncan Hothersall wrote:
>In the new TABLE processing I'm constructing a table with yes/no tickboxes.
>When I type, for example,
>
>\symbol[square]~Yes
>
>in a normal paragraph, all is well.
>
>However, in a table cell (i.e. between \bTD and \eTD) the same sequence
>causes a line break between the square and the word - the non-breaking space
>is put at the start of the next line followed by the word Yes.
>
>I think this is a bug in the TABLE code, but I can't see anything helpful in
>the logs. Is there a workaround or fix?

in cont-new.tex, you can add:

\unexpanded\def~{\nonbreakablespace}

maybe that helps