* Updating Miktex and Context beta
@ 2001-08-22  4:14 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2001-08-22  4:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context, cs

Hans et al,

Well, I completely unloaded Miktex 2.0 and installed Miktex 2.1 (Large),
which installs an older version of Context (ver 2001.2.27). The following
compiled nicely, producing the Lucida font in the pdf output (checked in
Acrobat).

\setupbodyfont[lbr]

\starttext

Hello, world!

\stoptext

Next, I unzipped the latest beta and rebuilt cont-en.efmt and placed it in
place of the existing cont-en.efmt. The file above no longer compiles,
giving this error when attempting to compile:

(F:\Miktex\tex\context\base\type-spe.tex)
(F:\Miktex\tex\context\base\type-exa.tex))makemf --verbose LucidaBright
cannot find LucidaBright source file.
hbf2gf -q -g LucidaBright 300
MAKETFM: don't know how to make LucidaBright

! Font \*12ptrmtf*=LucidaBright at 12.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file
not f
ound.
\lastfontname ...idaBright at \scaledfont

\donoparsefontspec ...sname \lastfontname
                                          \relax \the \everyfont \relax
\xxdododefinefont ...tclass #1\fontsize *}
                                          \doresetrelativefontsize \f...
\fontstrategy ...ame #2#3#4#5#6\endcsname
                                          \let \fontstrategy \gobbles...
<inserted text> ...talternative \fontsize
                                          \fontstrategy \autofontsize...
\synchronizefont ... \the \fontstrategies
                                          \ifskipfontcharacteristics ...
l.1 \setupbodyfont[lbr]

?

So, something is up with this beta that conflicts severely with a working
installation of Miktex 2.1.

I have no idea how to proceed. Anyone?

* Re: Updating Miktex and Context beta
@ 2001-08-22  9:33 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-08-22  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context, cs

At 09:14 PM 8/21/2001 -0700, David Arnold wrote:
>Hans et al,
>
>Well, I completely unloaded Miktex 2.0 and installed Miktex 2.1 (Large),
>which installs an older version of Context (ver 2001.2.27). The following
>compiled nicely, producing the Lucida font in the pdf output (checked in
>Acrobat).
>
>\setupbodyfont[lbr]
>
>\starttext
>
>Hello, world!
>
>\stoptext
>
>Next, I unzipped the latest beta and rebuilt cont-en.efmt and placed it in
>place of the existing cont-en.efmt. The file above no longer compiles,
>giving this error when attempting to compile:
>
>(F:\Miktex\tex\context\base\type-spe.tex)
>(F:\Miktex\tex\context\base\type-exa.tex))makemf --verbose LucidaBright
>cannot find LucidaBright source file.
>hbf2gf -q -g LucidaBright 300
>MAKETFM: don't know how to make LucidaBright

right, but did you add the line

\setupencoding[default=texnansi]

in your cont-sys.tex file?

The LucidaBright name needs to be mapped onto a real file name, which can
be any encoding.

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl