* ConTeXt and Noweb?
@ 2001-08-31  7:50 Johannes Huesing
From: Johannes Huesing @ 2001-08-31  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

as there is CWEB support in ConTeXt, I would like to know if
anyone wrote something for noweb. Noweb is a Literate Programming
tool which is indifferent towards the programming language used,
and can be adapted to different documentation languages.

The woven output of noweb looks very TeXish ie. quite agnostic wrt
the macro package. Noweb.sty provides a LaTeX style to interpret the
cross-references and markups, but also gives some TeX support. It
should be possible, however, to write a module that redefines the
noweb TeX macros to be on top of ConTeXt. This would enable one
to use the power of ConTeXt cross-referencing tools and maybe some
Metafun stuff to clarify things.

I am planning to put up a poster on a congress with some Literate
Programming on it and I am thinking of using cells and arrows to
highlight the relation between the code snippets. Has anybody
tried this before? With ConTeXt, that is.

Greetings

Johannes
--
Johannes Hüsing | Domain: Adresse im Internet. Besteht aus einem
hannes@ruhrau.de| technischen Teil (http://www.), einem Namen
                | (erwin_meier) und einer Endung  (zum Beispiel
                | .de für Deutschland) [J. Albrecht, "Zeit" 12/2001]

* Re: ConTeXt and Noweb?
@ 2001-08-31  8:29 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-08-31  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 09:50 AM 8/31/2001 +0200, Johannes Huesing wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>as there is CWEB support in ConTeXt, I would like to know if
>anyone wrote something for noweb. Noweb is a Literate Programming
>tool which is indifferent towards the programming language used,
>and can be adapted to different documentation languages.
>
>The woven output of noweb looks very TeXish ie. quite agnostic wrt
>the macro package. Noweb.sty provides a LaTeX style to interpret the
>cross-references and markups, but also gives some TeX support. It
>should be possible, however, to write a module that redefines the
>noweb TeX macros to be on top of ConTeXt. This would enable one
>to use the power of ConTeXt cross-referencing tools and maybe some
>Metafun stuff to clarify things.
>
>I am planning to put up a poster on a congress with some Literate
>Programming on it and I am thinking of using cells and arrows to
>highlight the relation between the code snippets. Has anybody
>tried this before? With ConTeXt, that is.

the main problem with cweb is the namespace issue, since cweb uses all kind
of one-char commands. This is why the cweb module is larger than actually
needed [since i have to keep track of resets and so]

if you have a good overview of noweb macros and support needed [kind of lay
the framework for me] then it's not a big problem to hook it into context
commands.

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl