* Re: Random repeat?
@ 2001-09-10  7:33 Eckhart Guthöhrlein
From: Eckhart Guthöhrlein @ 2001-09-10  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 20:54 09.09.2001 +0200, Frans Goddijn wrote:
>Every once in a while a randomly created logo wrap comes out exceptionally
>nice. Is there a way that I could reproduce that later on? In the log file
>of the present one which looks like a funny poke at a heraldic design I
>read:
>
>Randomizer initialized to 1458579309.
>
>Can I feed that same number back in some way to get the same result again if
>I ever want to? Of course it's typical for me to be really happy with a
>truly random result and then wishing I could control that ;=}}

As far as I know, this value is only used for the random number generator
in TeX. Have a look in your xxx-mpgraph.log after the run with the nice
result, there you will find a line

{randomseed:=...}

assigning some value initializing mp's randomizer. Note this value, e.g.
292, and then say

randomseed:=292

in your graphics, and the results will always be identically random :-)

Eckhart

* Random repeat?
@ 2001-09-09 18:54 Frans Goddijn
From: Frans Goddijn @ 2001-09-09 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Every once in a while a randomly created logo wrap comes out exceptionally
nice. Is there a way that I could reproduce that later on? In the log file
of the present one which looks like a funny poke at a heraldic design I
read:

Randomizer initialized to 1458579309.

Can I feed that same number back in some way to get the same result again if
I ever want to? Of course it's typical for me to be really happy with a
truly random result and then wishing I could control that ;=}}

Thanks for your time,

Frans
www.goddijn.com