* How do I get postscript fonts to work?
@ 2001-09-09  9:55 Philip Quaife
From: Philip Quaife @ 2001-09-09  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

With latest context (cont-en) teTeX and pdftex under linux,

All things currently tested work fine unless postscript fonts are selected

                \setupbodyfont[pos]

Then I get :
! Font \*12ptrmtf*=tir at 12.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found.
\lastfontname ->tir at \scaledfont

Which is correct, as it should be looking for pmtr???.tfm (which are  present)

What is at fault , context or pdftex ?
And more to the point, what do I change to get it going.

A cursory look at map files et al suggests that things should work.

thanks in advance.

--
Philip Quaife
Q Solutions

* Re: How do I get postscript fonts to work?
@ 2001-09-10 19:41 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-09-10 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Context

At 09:55 PM 9/9/2001 +1200, Philip Quaife wrote:

>With latest context (cont-en) teTeX and pdftex under linux,
>
>All things currently tested work fine unless postscript fonts are selected
>
>                 \setupbodyfont[pos]
>
>Then I get :
>! Font \*12ptrmtf*=tir at 12.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found.
>\lastfontname ->tir at \scaledfont
>
>Which is correct, as it should be looking for pmtr???.tfm (which are  present)
>
>What is at fault , context or pdftex ?
>And more to the point, what do I change to get it going.
>
>A cursory look at map files et al suggests that things should work.

you may try: \setupbodyfont[ber,pos] i.e. enable; the berry naming scheme
[see cont-sys.rme]

i will upload a new beta in a couple of days along with a new texfont.pl;
that way you can generate fonts yourself; with regards to times: i now use
urw times by default since other times' are simply to fuzzy

if nothing helps, there is always a way to remap:
\definefontsynonym[tir][ptrm..] but that's a last resort,

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl