[parent not found: <20050317170134.1400D1293C@ronja.ntg.nl>]
* Re: Color separation
@ 2005-03-17 16:58 Duncan Hothersall
From: Duncan Hothersall @ 2005-03-17 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> 2. is there a way I can check that it is working properly without
>> sending it to the printer each time?
>
> Acrobat has an overprint preview since v5; AFAIK Reader got it in v7.

Yes... but it doesn't show up any problem. (Well, it just displays the
same thing with overprint preview as without.) *But* in Acrobat
Professional 7, doing a preflight check for CMYK+Spot output, it
complains about overprint = off on all the text on tints. So I guess
there is a problem in some way? This is why I am confused.

Knowing what ConTeXt incantations *should* make it work would be a
start, and then I can tell the printer that they have to fix it! :-)

Duncan

* Color separation
@ 2005-03-17 14:35 Duncan Hothersall
From: Duncan Hothersall @ 2005-03-17 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry for all the messages; I am exploring things I don't really
understand. I hope someone can enlighten me!

With the following colour set-up:

\setupcolors[rgb=no,cmyk=yes,spot=yes,state=start]
\definecolor[PantoneTwoNineFour][c=1,m=.56,y=0,k=.18]
\definecolor[IFSbluetabletint][PantoneTwoNineFour][p=.15]

and then using this tint as a textbackground and also as a
backgroundcolor in frames, I am getting complaints from my printers that
black overprinted on the tint is 'knocking out' the tint and leaving
white on the separated plate.

I have read and re-read the useful msplit.pdf which suggests that the
implicit criterium=all will negate this effect, but perhaps I have
misunderstood?

Two questions:
1. how can I stop black overprinting from knocking out the tint, and
2. is there a way I can check that it is working properly without
sending it to the printer each time?

Thanks as ever for any help. Do I need to post example output?

Duncan

[parent not found: <Your message of "Thu, 13 Sep 2001 11:14:03 +0200." <5.1.0.14.1.20010913111303.022dfdc0@server-1>]
* Color separation...
@ 2001-09-13  8:35 Joop Susan
From: Joop Susan @ 2001-09-13  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo,

I need CMYK separation for my ConTeXt generated document.

Can anyone tell me how to do that?

Joop

* color separation
@ 2000-12-02 12:45 Hraban
From: Hraban @ 2000-12-02 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

How far go ConTeXt's capabilities in color separation?

- What part does the job? (pdfTeX?)
- Does it get RGB-pictures separated or
  only single defined object colors (or just less)?

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---
http://angerweit.tikon.ch/lieder/
http://www.planet-interkom.de/fiee.visuelle/formelsammlung.html