* \placefigure mechanism in connection with new font mechanism....
@ 2001-09-09 20:33 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2001-09-09 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everybody,

When compiling files containing figures it seems, that there is a problem
when using

\definetypeface [palatino] [rm] [serif] [palatino] [default] [encoding=ec]
\definetypeface [palatino] [mm] [math] [palatino] [default] [encoding=ec]
\setupbodyfont[palatino,12pt]

No CMR-font  is automatically included in the pdf file. I end up with error
messages, that a font could not be found in the resource dictionary.

Is there probably a problem with the figure mechanism?

Willi

[-- Attachment #2: units.tex --]

\setupoutput[pdftex]
\usemodule[units]

\definetypeface [palatino] [rm] [serif] [palatino] [default] [encoding=ec]
\definetypeface [palatino] [mm] [math] [palatino] [default] [encoding=ec]

\setupbodyfont[palatino,12pt]

\starttext

Het probleem met niet getoonde figuren. Acrobat Readr Error in de resource file: font not found.

\placefigure
   [here]
   [fig:looprichting]
   {Looprichting van het ruggenbord in afhankelijkheid van het formaat}
   \startcombination[2*1]
      {\externalfigure[looproblong]}{Oblong formaat}
      {\externalfigure[looprhoog]}{Hoog formaat}
   \stopcombination
\stoptext

* Re: \placefigure mechanism in connection with new font mechanism....
@ 2001-09-10 21:08 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-09-10 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 10:33 PM 9/9/2001 +0200, Willi Egger wrote:
>Hi everybody,
>
>When compiling files containing figures it seems, that there is a problem
>when using
>
>\definetypeface [palatino] [rm] [serif] [palatino] [default] [encoding=ec]
>\definetypeface [palatino] [mm] [math] [palatino] [default] [encoding=ec]
>\setupbodyfont[palatino,12pt]
>
>No CMR-font  is automatically included in the pdf file. I end up with error
>messages, that a font could not be found in the resource dictionary.
>
>Is there probably a problem with the figure mechanism?

i assume that you have the fonts in ec-... format available?

where does the cmr come from if you use palatino? the cmr font maps take
place in the normal psfonts map file, is that one loaded?

pdftex tries to be clever with embedded fonts in graphics, but afaik this
works ok in most cases

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: \placefigure mechanism in connection with new font mechanism....
@ 2001-09-11 19:40   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2001-09-11 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Subject: Re: \placefigure mechanism in connection with new font
mechanism....

> At 10:33 PM 9/9/2001 +0200, Willi Egger wrote:
> >Hi everybody,
> >
> >When compiling files containing figures it seems, that there is a problem
> >when using
> >
> >\definetypeface [palatino] [rm] [serif] [palatino] [default]
[encoding=ec]
> >\definetypeface [palatino] [mm] [math] [palatino] [default] [encoding=ec]
> >\setupbodyfont[palatino,12pt]
> >
> >No CMR-font  is automatically included in the pdf file. I end up with
error
> >messages, that a font could not be found in the resource dictionary.
> >
> >Is there probably a problem with the figure mechanism?
>
> i assume that you have the fonts in ec-... format available?

Sure I do. Normal text and math elements are typeset correctly.

> where does the cmr come from if you use palatino? the cmr font maps take
> place in the normal psfonts map file, is that one loaded?

According to the log file it is loaded:

{d:/TEX/texmf/pdftex/config/psfonts.map}

> pdftex tries to be clever with embedded fonts in graphics, but afaik this
> works ok in most cases

However I find in the log file only the following lines after the 'How much
of TeX memory is used':

Warning: pdfetex.exe (file ec-uplb8a): Font ec-uplb8a at 720 not found
{d:/TEX/texmf/dvips/base/ec.enc}<d:/TEX/texmf/fonts/type1/urw/palatino/uplr8
a.p
fb>
Output written on units.pdf (1 page, 15644 bytes).

I have no clue what is wrong. Normally CMR fonts were inlcuded
automatically. No they are not.  ... B-(

Willi

* Re: \placefigure mechanism in connection with new font mechanism....
@ 2001-09-14 10:52     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-09-14 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 09:40 PM 9/11/2001 +0200, Willi Egger wrote:
>Subject: Re: \placefigure mechanism in connection with new font
>mechanism....

is this problem solved already ?