* Flowchart again: How is font size calculated
@ 2001-09-15 19:06 Johannes Huesing
From: Johannes Huesing @ 2001-09-15 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi again,

after processing the attached document I get three flow charts
where the cells as well as the fonts have different sizes.

Why is that so?

Groet

Johannes
--
Johannes Hüsing  | Terrorism treats the ending of a
hannes@ruhrau.de | state as damage, and routes around it

[-- Attachment #2: flowtest.tex --]
[-- Type: text/x-tex, Size: 2488 bytes --]

\setupoutput[pdftex]
\mainlanguage[de]
\useencoding[win]

\usemodule[chart]
\setupFLOWshapes[framecolor=sigma]
\setupFLOWcharts[maxwidth=\textwidth]
\setupFLOWlines[color=sigma]

\startFLOWchart[programm][nx=4, ny=1]
% lies Studieninformation ein
\startFLOWcell
\name{liesStudie}
\location{1,1}
\shape{action}
\text{einlesen}
\connection[rl]{Neueingabe}
\stopFLOWcell
% Neueingabe Patient
\startFLOWcell
\name{Neueingabe}
\location{2,1}
\shape{product}
\text{neuen Patienten eingeben}
\connection[rl]{Plausi}
\stopFLOWcell
% Plausibilitätsprüfung Patient
\startFLOWcell
\name{Plausi}
\location{3,1}
\shape{45}
\text{plausibel?}
\connection[tt]{Neueingabe}
\label[t]{nein}
\connection[rl]{liesPat}
\label[r]{ja}
\stopFLOWcell
% lies Patientendaten ein
\startFLOWcell
\name{liesPat}
\location{4,1}
\shape{action}
\text{einlesen}
\stopFLOWcell
\stopFLOWchart

%
%  Teilstruktur: vergleiche Verluste
%
\startFLOWchart[vglverlust][nx=5, ny=1]
% Iteration über Therapien
\startFLOWcell
\name{Schleife}
\location{1,1}
\shape{loop}
\text{$k$ \"uber alle Therapiearme}
\connection[rl]{Probe}
\stopFLOWcell
% probehalber Aufnahme
\startFLOWcell
\name{Probe}
\location{2,1}
\shape{action}
\text{nimm Patienten probehalber in Arm $k$ auf}
\connection[rl]{rechneVerlust}
\stopFLOWcell
% berechne Verlust
\startFLOWcell
\name{rechneVerlust}
\location{3,1}
\shape{action}
\text{berechne Verlustfunktion f\"ur aktuelle Konstellation}
\connection[rl]{exMin}
\connection[tt]{Schleife}
\stopFLOWcell
% existiert Minimum?
\startFLOWcell
\name{exMin}
\location{4,1}
\shape{45}
\text{f\"ur alle F\"alle Verluste gleich hoch?}
\stopFLOWcell
\stopFLOWchart

%
%  Neuformulierung: Programmende
%
\startFLOWchart[ausgabe][nx=4, ny=1]
% Gib Zuweisung bekannt
\startFLOWcell
\name{Ausgabe}
\location{1,1}
\shape{product}
\text{Zeige zugewiesene Therapie an}
\connection[rl]{Taste}
\stopFLOWcell
% Warte auf Tastendruck
\startFLOWcell
\name{Taste}
\location{2,1}
\shape{wait}
\text{Wie weiter?}
\connection[rl]{schreibPat}
\connection[tt]{Ende}
\label[r]{Tastendruck}
\label[t]{Abbruch}
\stopFLOWcell
% Schreibe Patienteninfo raus
\startFLOWcell
\name{schreibPat}
\location{3,1}
\shape{action}
\text{aktualisiere Patientendaten}
\connection[rl]{Ende}
\stopFLOWcell
% Ende
\startFLOWcell
\name{Ende}
\location{4,1}
\shape{procedure}
\text{Ende}
\stopFLOWcell
\stopFLOWchart

\starttext
\section{Eins}
\FLOWchart[programm]
\section[vglVerlust]{Zwei}
\FLOWchart[vglverlust]
\section{Drei}
\FLOWchart[ausgabe]
\stoptext

* Re: Flowchart again: How is font size calculated
@ 2001-09-15 20:01 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2001-09-15 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Good evening!

> after processing the attached document I get three flow charts
> where the cells as well as the fonts have different sizes.
>
> Why is that so?

changing nx=5 to nx=4 in the second chart, the sizes seem to be the same in
the three charts. But I don't know it this really solves your problem. I'd
guess that it has to do something with scaling down. But I haven't looked
into the sources. (Next year ;->)

--
Viele Grüße,

    Patrick Gundlach

* Re: Flowchart again: How is font size calculated
@ 2001-09-16  9:03   ` Johannes Huesing
From: Johannes Huesing @ 2001-09-16  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Sep 15, 2001 at 10:01:44PM +0200, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> changing nx=5 to nx=4 in the second chart, the sizes seem to be the same in
> the three charts. But I don't know it this really solves your problem. I'd
> guess that it has to do something with scaling down.

Yes, it looks like it. The maxwidth key seems to act a bit like the
width option in \externalfigure. It looks as if it is best to define
width and height wrt the font size and maxwidth and maxheight wrt the
text size.

Greetings

Johannes
--

@ 2001-09-17 13:59     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-09-17 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 11:03 AM 9/16/2001 +0200, Johannes Huesing wrote:
>On Sat, Sep 15, 2001 at 10:01:44PM +0200, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> > changing nx=5 to nx=4 in the second chart, the sizes seem to be the
> same in
> > the three charts. But I don't know it this really solves your problem. I'd
> > guess that it has to do something with scaling down.
>
>Yes, it looks like it. The maxwidth key seems to act a bit like the
>width option in \externalfigure. It looks as if it is best to define
>width and height wrt the font size and maxwidth and maxheight wrt the
>text size.

right; we cannot scale a flow chart as a whole using normal scaling due to
the fact that annotations [hyperlinks and so] are on a separate layer in
pdf and don't scale at all, we need to downscale using a font switch. The
maxwidth parameter controls this.

there are also (yet undocumented) provisions to split charts over more pages.

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl