From: Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>
Cc: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Re: context presentations
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 11:25:28 +0200	[thread overview]

At 12:43 AM 9/21/2001 +0200, Fabrice Popineau wrote:

>I have a probably rather  stupid  question : I  have  Acrobat 5 on  my
>machine  and I fail   to  enable presentation  steps (I  tried several
>things with s-pre-06). Maybe I  just don't know how  to use it ? Could
>somebody show a quick sample ?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>--
>Fabrice Popineau
>
>PS: btw I managed to crash Acrobat 5 by asking to
>\setupinteraction[openaction=ResetForm]

\starttext

\enablemode[autostep]

\usemodule[pre-00,pre-organic]

\setupbackgrounds[paper][background=NextStep]
\defineoverlay[NextStep][\overlaybutton{NextStep}]

\setupMPvariables[page][alternative=3]

\TitlePage
   {A Few Nice Quotes\\
    A Simple Style Demo\\
    Hans Hagen, August 2000}

\Topic {Douglas R. Hofstadter} \input douglas \page
\Topic {Donald  E. Knuth}      \input knuth   \page
\Topic {Edward  R. Tufte}      \input tufte   \page
\Topic {Hermann    Zapf}       \input zapf    \page

\stoptext

This should work ok in your tl6 version. I'll send you the file off list.

Concerning steps, there are better ways. I'll try to send you the preview
of show-pre.pdf [i'm on slow connections now, since our server is off line,
due to sniffer/attack problems at the host]

In the current beta, there is a problem with cross doc refs [i adapted this
to acrobat 5 and made an offset error]; this should be in spec-fdf.tex if
you want optimize safe pdf files [awaiting a new pdftex feature -)]

\newif\ifovercomePDFpage  \overcomePDFpagetrue  % pdf  spec change  / 5+

\def\doPDFstartgotorealpage#1#2#3#4#5% watch the R append trick
   {\bgroup
    \doifelsenothing{#3}
      {\scratchcounter=0#5\relax
       \ifnum\scratchcounter>0
         \advance\scratchcounter -1 % pdf starts numbering at zero
         \doifelsenothing{#4}
           {\let\PDFfile\empty}
           {\doifparentfileelse{#4}
              {\let\PDFfile\empty}
              {\setreferencefilename#4.\locationfilesuffix\to\PDFfile
               \edef\PDFfile{R /F (\PDFfile)\PDFgotonewwindow}}}%
         \ifx\PDFfile\empty
           \ifovercomePDFpage % a named page ref
             \edef\PDFdestination{(page:\the\scratchcounter)}%
           \else % beware: optimizers remove this one
             \edef\PDFdestination{[\the\scratchcounter\space\PDFpageviewwrd]}%
           \fi
         \else % across files it's a page number
           \edef\PDFdestination{[\the\scratchcounter\space\PDFpageviewwrd]}%
         \fi
         \edef\action{/S /GoTo\PDFfile\space /D \PDFdestination}%
       \else
         \let\action\empty
       \fi}
      {\doifelsenothing{#4}
         {\let\PDFfile\empty}
         {\setreferencefilename/#4\to\PDFfile}%
       \edef\action{/S /URI /URI (#3\PDFfile)}}%
    \ifx\action\empty\else
      \ifsecondaryreference
        \savesecondaryPDFreference\action
      \else
        \getsecondaryPDFreferences
        \doPDFaction
          width #1 height #2
          action {\action \secondaryPDFreferences}%
      \fi
    \fi
    \egroup}

\def\fakePDFpagedestination % as in pdf, we start numbering at zero
   {\ifovercomePDFpage
      \bgroup
      \advance\realpageno -1
      \expanded{\doPDFdestination name {page:\realfolio}}%
      \egroup
    \fi}

\appendtoks
   \fakePDFpagedestination