* How to use ß in a ConTeXt document?
@ 2001-09-22 15:14 Karsten Hachmeister
From: Karsten Hachmeister @ 2001-09-22 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Ok, now I have bookmarks in my Document.
Thanks for your help!

But I have a second problem.

In german I have to use the character ß (sz). If I type just ß I get SS in
my document, but in the bookmarks the character is correct. If I use "s (I
don't know if this is correct in ConTeXt) I get a ß in the document but the
bookmarks are not OK. The german umlauts (I don't know if there is an
english word for that) works for me.

In the header I use this definition:
\setupbodyfont[12pt,ber,ppl,phv,pcr]

--
Karsten

E-Mail:   Karsten@Hachmeister-Online.de
Homepage: www.Hachmeister-Online.de

* Re: How to use ß in a ConTeXt document?
@ 2001-09-23  9:34 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-09-23  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt

At 05:14 PM 9/22/2001 +0200, Karsten Hachmeister wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Ok, now I have bookmarks in my Document.
>Thanks for your help!
>
>But I have a second problem.
>
>In german I have to use the character ß (sz). If I type just ß I get SS in
>my document, but in the bookmarks the character is correct. If I use "s (I
>don't know if this is correct in ConTeXt) I get a ß in the document but the
>bookmarks are not OK. The german umlauts (I don't know if there is an
>english word for that) works for me.

this depends on the method that you use, if you use a direct char ß, then
it cannot easily be mapped onto pdfdoc [well it can given a certain
vector/trick]. When it's an active char mapped onto ß via the named glyph,
then pdfdoc can handle it. This depends on the regimes used. Say that you
use ec, then \enableregime[ec] when present should do the trick.

I'm in a hurry now, so ..

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl