* "! Transform components aren't all known." ?
@ 2001-09-21 21:36 Frans Goddijn
From: Frans Goddijn @ 2001-09-21 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

When compiling the file copied way below, I get the folowing
error. The strange thing is: the file compiles fine on my
laptop but I can's seem to figure out what's so different on
my desk top machine... I hope someone here has a suggestion.
Should I install a new ConTeXt of a new Metafun? Or is it
something quite different? Thanks in advance! Frans

///////
E:\0docs\brief>perl
e:\fptex\texmf\tex\context\base\texexec.pl -pdf testing.tex
 TeXExec 1.1 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-1999
            executable : pdftex
                format : e:/fptex/texmf/web2c/cont-nl
             inputfile : testing
                output : pdftex
             interface : nl
          current mode : all
               TeX run : 1
This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.14159-14g-pretest-20000912-2.1
(Web2c 7.3.2.2)
[...]
(e:/fptex/texmf/metapost/context/mp-core.mp)
>> (0,0,OverlayWidth,0,0,1)
! Transform components aren't all known.
<to be read again>
                   yscaled
xyscaled->...xscaled(xpart.paired((EXPR1)))yscaled

(ypart.paired((EXPR1)))
<to be read again>
                   randomized
l.58 ...ed (OverlayWidth,OverlayHeight) randomized

(30*OverlayLineWidth) wit...

?
! Emergency stop.
<to be read again>
                   yscaled
xyscaled->...xscaled(xpart.paired((EXPR1)))yscaled

(ypart.paired((EXPR1)))
<to be read again>
                   randomized
l.58 ...ed (OverlayWidth,OverlayHeight) randomized

(30*OverlayLineWidth) wit...

Transcript written on mpgraph.log.

figuren        : figuur mpgraph is niet te vinden

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

the file is:

\steluitvoerin[pdftex]

\stelpapierformaatin
  [A4][A4]

\stellayoutin
  [plaats=midden,
   markering=aan,
   hoogte=midden,
   kopwit=15mm,
   hoofd=30mm,
   voet=20mm,
   marge=10mm,
   rugwit=30mm,
   breedte=midden]

\startreusableMPgraphic{omcirkeld}
   draw fulldiamond xyscaled (OverlayWidth,OverlayHeight)
     randomized (30*OverlayLineWidth)
     withpen pencircle scaled OverlayLineWidth
     withcolor OverlayLineColor ;
  path b ; b := boundingbox currentpicture ;
  setbounds currentpicture to b enlarged 10pt ;
\stopreusableMPgraphic

\defineoverlay[omcirkeld][\reuseMPgraphic{omcirkeld}]

\unprotected \defineframedtext
   [omcirkeld]
   [\c!kader=\v!uit,
    \c!achtergrond=omcirkeld,
    \c!breedte=\v!passend,
    \c!offset=1ex]

\setupcolors[state=start]

 \font\fgsop=cmmi12 at 14pt
 \font\fgtop=cmmi12 at 26pt

\def\fglogo%
   {\vbox{%
   \regelmidden{\omcirkeld{\fgsop
f\lower.3pt\hbox{\kern-3.3pt g}}}
      \tekstlijn
    }}

\definieerbeeldmerk
[groot logo] [hoofd] [rechts]
[commando=\hbox{\fglogo}]

\starttekst

\plaatsbeeldmerken[groot logo]

testing

\stoptekst

* Re: "! Transform components aren't all known." ?
@ 2001-09-22 18:37 ` Hans Hagen
       [not found]   ` <021a01c14442$9e2798d0$cf29a33e@arnhem.chello.nl>
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-09-22 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 11:36 PM 9/21/2001 +0200, Frans Goddijn wrote:

>E:\0docs\brief>perl
>e:\fptex\texmf\tex\context\base\texexec.pl -pdf testing.tex
>  TeXExec 1.1 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-1999
>             executable : pdftex
>                 format : e:/fptex/texmf/web2c/cont-nl
>              inputfile : testing
>                 output : pdftex
>              interface : nl
>           current mode : all
>                TeX run : 1

can you copy texexec 2.5+ to that machine?

 >> (0,0,OverlayWidth,0,0,1)

looks like an old context, these vars were added during metafun dev time,
use \overlaywidth instead

[ actually, Overlaywidth := \overlaqywidth ; ]

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: "! Transform components aren't all known." ?
@ 2001-09-23 10:57   ` Frans Goddijn
       [not found]   ` <021a01c14442$9e2798d0$cf29a33e@arnhem.chello.nl>
From: Frans Goddijn @ 2001-09-23 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Okay, I'll work on my updates and then retry. I was already
half-afraid I'd need to upgrade. Every time I seem to have
forgotten how to do that, where to stack all these files,
where to copy the texexec material so that it's found (I did
copy a texexec directory from the newwer installation to the
old one but I think some path stubbornly points to a spot
where a copy of the old files exists... sigh) but eventually
I rediscover how it's done friom the readme's and I'm
immensely surprised and happy when I pull it off ;=}}

@ 2001-09-29 10:58     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-09-29 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 12:57 PM 9/23/2001 +0200, Frans Goddijn wrote:
>Okay, I'll work on my updates and then retry. I was already
>half-afraid I'd need to upgrade. Every time I seem to have
>forgotten how to do that, where to stack all these files,
>where to copy the texexec material so that it's found (I did
>copy a texexec directory from the newwer installation to the
>old one but I think some path stubbornly points to a spot
>where a copy of the old files exists... sigh) but eventually
>I rediscover how it's done friom the readme's and I'm
>immensely surprised and happy when I pull it off ;=}}

since metafun as well as typescript features are still expanding, they are
sensitive to updating; you may want to experiment with the fptex setup
program since this permits you to update texlive from the web efficiently.

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* server problems
       [not found]   ` <021a01c14442$9e2798d0$cf29a33e@arnhem.chello.nl>
@ 2001-09-29 11:01     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-09-29 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 05:15 PM 9/23/2001 +0200, Frans Goddijn wrote:
>Hoi Hans,
>
>Ik begrijp dat de server nog even uit de lucht is.. een ping
>geeft:
>
>Pinging www.pragma-ade.com [216.109.141.42] with 32 bytes of
>data:
>Request timed out.
>Request timed out.
>Request timed out.
>Request timed out.

indeed the server is still off line and i cannot reach the people over there,