* m-chart spoils second flowchart
@ 2001-10-22 18:37 David Antos
From: David Antos @ 2001-10-22 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

	Hi all,

using m-chart, I have two flowcharts in a document. The problem is that
lines of the first one are added to the second one, in addition to its own
lines. Compiling each chart separately is absolutely OK. Metaposting
mpgraph.mp obtained from running all together produces the wrong result.
The flowcharts are in two different components, the \setupFLOWcharts is in
the environment, nevertheless placing them in one file doesn't help.
(ConTeXt from TeXlive6.)

The files can be found at
http://www.fi.muni.cz/~xantos/patlib/thesis

The setups from the environment (defs.tex):
%%% FLOW charts
\usemodule[chart]

\setupFLOWcharts
  [nx=3,
   ny=5,
   maxwidth=\textwidth]

The components contain flowchart definition and \placefigure with flowchart
usage. The files are patlib.tex and opatgen.tex, the flowcharts are at the
very ends of the files ;)

What am I doing wrong?

	Thanks for the answer

					D.A.

* Re: m-chart spoils second flowchart
@ 2001-10-22 20:15 ` Peter Willadt
From: Peter Willadt @ 2001-10-22 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hello,

> using m-chart, I have two flowcharts in a document. The problem is that
> lines of the first one are added to the second one, in addition to its own
> lines. Compiling each chart separately is absolutely OK.
This problem seems to arise when MP is run BETWEEN TeX runs.
You have to enable \write18, so that TeX cann call MP during the TeX
run.
Most modern TeX distributions support this feature (of course, it opens
a security hole, too, but the tradeoff should not be that big), you just
have to switch it on.

Peter Willadt

* Re: m-chart spoils second flowchart
@ 2001-10-23  9:24   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-10-23  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: David Antos, ntg-context

At 10:15 PM 10/22/2001 +0200, Peter Willadt wrote:
>Hello,
>
> > using m-chart, I have two flowcharts in a document. The problem is that
> > lines of the first one are added to the second one, in addition to its own
> > lines. Compiling each chart separately is absolutely OK.
>This problem seems to arise when MP is run BETWEEN TeX runs.
>You have to enable \write18, so that TeX cann call MP during the TeX
>run.
>Most modern TeX distributions support this feature (of course, it opens
>a security hole, too, but the tradeoff should not be that big), you just
>have to switch it on.

You're right, the problem is that i mostly run realtime so this went
unnoticed. However, it is a bug since context is supposed to work both ways.

I patched mp-char.tex, i.e. added an additional init def (i really have to
clean up that module; actually there was a remark there already about the
need for a namespace).

So, the next release will work ok and i'll send david the patch,

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl