* Questions and answers and coupling
@ 2001-10-12 10:06 s. knypstra
From: s. knypstra @ 2001-10-12 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

In ConTeXt it is possible to define blocks of questions and answers which
are linked in interactive documents.
Is it possible to control the symbol that makes you jump from a question to
the corresponding answer?
E.g. to make it a button with a caption?

Sytse Knypstra

S.Knypstra@eco.rug.nl

* Re: Questions and answers and coupling
@ 2001-10-22  7:25 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-10-22  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 12:06 PM 10/12/2001 +0200, s. knypstra wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>In ConTeXt it is possible to define blocks of questions and answers which
>are linked in interactive documents.
>Is it possible to control the symbol that makes you jump from a question to
>the corresponding answer?
>E.g. to make it a button with a caption?

currently there is line in the code of core-des.tex

  \in[\localconnection] % genereert > of <

and since the arg is empty, it generates the < > symbols, so, the solution
is to change this into a button or better something
\in{\symbol[...]}[\localconnection], but first i have to think about a nice
symbolic name for the symbols (probably one per class of enumerations) i'm
a bit in a hurry now, but can do that later this week (please remind me -)

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Special layout
@ 2001-10-22 10:34   ` hegardt
From: hegardt @ 2001-10-22 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello!

I've just started using ConTeXt (some previous experience with LaTeX, but not
much) and have a question.

Every year my students union produce a book containing information about the
union and a collection of addresses of the members. Previously this book has
been made by hand in Adobe Indesign. Now I have written a PHP-script that
outputs a ConTeXt-file that I then convert to pdf. However, previously we have
used a layout where information has been put in the outer and inner columns
depending on if it's a lefthand- or righthand page.
It looks like this:

| info1    | text1    || text3    | info3    |
|          |          ||          |          |
|          |          ||          |          |
|          |          ||          |          |
|          |          ||          |          |
| info2    | text2    || text4    | info4    |
|          |          ||          |          |
|          |          ||          |          |
|          |          ||          |          |
| 1        |          ||          |        2 |

In 'info' we put information about 'text'. This 'info' needs the same width as
the text and also some formatting.

I have tried solving this by using \inmargin and \startmarginblock, but nothing
gives a good result.

Does anyone have any idea if this is possible to solve? (If you want I can send
you a pdf showing how it lokks like in inDesign).

Regards,

Fredrik Hegardt
Medical students association, Gothenburg
Sweden

* Re: Special layout
@ 2001-10-23  9:39     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-10-23  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 12:34 PM 10/22/2001 +0200, hegardt@medstud.gu.se wrote:

>Hello!
>
>I've just started using ConTeXt (some previous experience with LaTeX, but not
>much) and have a question.
>
>Every year my students union produce a book containing information about the
>union and a collection of addresses of the members. Previously this book has
>been made by hand in Adobe Indesign. Now I have written a PHP-script that
>outputs a ConTeXt-file that I then convert to pdf. However, previously we
>have
>used a layout where information has been put in the outer and inner columns
>depending on if it's a lefthand- or righthand page.
>It looks like this:

>| info1    | text1    || text3    | info3    |
>|          |          ||          |          |
>|          |          ||          |          |
>|          |          ||          |          |
>|          |          ||          |          |
>| info2    | text2    || text4    | info4    |
>|          |          ||          |          |
>|          |          ||          |          |
>|          |          ||          |          |
>| 1        |          ||          |        2 |
>
>In 'info' we put information about 'text'. This 'info' needs the same
>width as
>the text and also some formatting.
>

>I have tried solving this by using \inmargin and \startmarginblock, but
>nothing
>gives a good result.
>
>Does anyone have any idea if this is possible to solve? (If you want I can
>send
>you a pdf showing how it lokks like in inDesign).

You may be looking for something like this:

% output=pdftex

\setuplayout
   [backspace=2cm,cutspace=1cm,width=fit,
    margin=10cm,margindistance=.5cm]

\setuppagenumbering
   [alternative=doublesided]

\setupinmargin
   [1][width=4cm,align=middle,style=slanted]

\setupinmargin
   [2][distance=4.5cm,width=3cm,align=middle]

\starttext

\dorecurse
   {100}
   {\margintitle{Did you know that you can stack 'm?}
    \margintitle[2]{I guess that you didn't -)}
    Marginal notes are seldom meant to be marginal, otherwise
    one would not let them stand out that way.\par}

\stoptext

things can automatically align inner/outer/left/right/middle