* Stupid question of the (next?) month
@ 2001-10-23 21:12 Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2001-10-23 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

here I am, with my usual absurd requests ... today I'd like to
know how to do the following.

I'd like each page to have an 'indefinite' length, clipped each
time at a certain sectionlevel. For example, each page would be a
chapter long (yes, not the other way round). TeX can do things
like this, but there's the usual 5.7 meters limit (about 25 A4
pages). Of course such a thing only makes sense in PDF production
mode, because DVI viewers are not friendly with multiple page
sizes per document.

So the questions are:

(1) How to setup ConTeXt to create each physical page at chapter
boundary (within the TeX limit)? (I know PDFs support different
page sizes in the same document, so this is fine.)

[Things like footnotes & such would become 'marginal'; all float
placements would become 'here'; how to deal with columns?]

(2) Can ConTeXt+pdf-e-TeX+Perl get around the TeX limit? (By
postprocessing an appropriate PDF file.)

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta