* Some problems solved, some appeared
@ 2001-10-26 16:49 Jose Luis Diaz
From: Jose Luis Diaz @ 2001-10-26 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello ConTeXt users,

 In  my last message, I asked help about several errors which appeared
 when I upgraded ConTeXt to the latest version available at www.ntg.nl

 I  solved  all  these  problems  simply downloading the ConTeXt-beta,
 available  at  the  same site. Now, my trick of defining a conversion
 for  typestting  in a different color the numbers of the enumerations
 work  fine  (however, I'm still interested in knowing if this is "the
 right way" to do it).

 The  reason  of  this  email is that now a new problem appeared. When
 compiling  an interactive document (which compiled fine until now), I
 get a lot of warnings like the following:

! pdfTeX warning (ext4): destination with the same identifier (name{page:1})
has been already used, duplicate ignored

\actualshipout ...ostponedcontent \box 0}}
                                          \else \message {[\ifarrangi...
\myshipout ...sisrealpage {\realfolio }#1}
                                          \fi \gotonextrealpage \napa...
\dofinaloutput ... #1#2\setpagecounters }}
                                          \fi \the \everyaftershipout...
\finaloutput ...cteerd \dofinaloutput #1#2
                                          \else \donofinaloutput #1#2...
\sidefloatoutput ...\finalsidefloatoutput
                                          \global \sidefloatvsize =\n...
\doifdefinedelse ...}\endcsname #2\else #3
                                          \fi
l.78 ...er[Adding]{Performing an addition}

And  the  interactive buttons which used these labels disappeared from
the PDF output. These buttons were defined with:

\startinteractionmenu[right]
 \but[Adding] How to add\\
 \but[Exa1] Example 1\\
 \but[Exa2] Example 2\\
 \but[Remarks] Remarks\\
 \vfill
 \but[CloseDocument] QUIT\\
\stopinteractionmenu

Only  the  last  button still appears in the output. The others, still
have their backgrounds, but no text is visible nor clickable.

Regards

--
  Jose Luis Diaz

* Re: Some problems solved, some appeared
@ 2001-10-30 13:21 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-10-30 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 06:49 PM 10/26/2001 +0200, you wrote:

>  The  reason  of  this  email is that now a new problem appeared. When
>  compiling  an interactive document (which compiled fine until now), I
>  get a lot of warnings like the following:
>
>! pdfTeX warning (ext4): destination with the same identifier (name{page:1})
>has been already used, duplicate ignored

i already (tried) to solve this, this is a temp hack to keep acro 5 happy
(esp when one optimizes files), i'm awaiting a pdftex extension with access
to page-object-numbers (i'm discussing this with thanh).

>And  the  interactive buttons which used these labels disappeared from
>the PDF output. These buttons were defined with:
>
>\startinteractionmenu[right]
>  \but[Adding] How to add\\
>  \but[Exa1] Example 1\\
>  \but[Exa2] Example 2\\
>  \but[Remarks] Remarks\\
>  \vfill
>  \but[CloseDocument] QUIT\\
>\stopinteractionmenu
>
>Only  the  last  button still appears in the output. The others, still
>have their backgrounds, but no text is visible nor clickable.

you can influence the appearance of jumps to the current page with the
"samepage" key and unknown destinations with the "unknownreference" key.

btw, the following code should be in spec-fdf.tex

\def\doPDFstartgotorealpage#1#2#3#4#5% watch the R append trick
   {\bgroup
    \doifelsenothing{#3}
      {\scratchcounter=0#5\relax
       \ifnum\scratchcounter>0
         \advance\scratchcounter -1 % pdf starts numbering at zero
         \doifelsenothing{#4}
           {\let\PDFfile\empty}
           {\doifparentfileelse{#4}
              {\let\PDFfile\empty}
              {\setreferencefilename#4.\locationfilesuffix\to\PDFfile
               \edef\PDFfile{R /F (\PDFfile)\PDFgotonewwindow}}}%
         \ifx\PDFfile\empty
           \ifovercomePDFpage % a named page ref
             \edef\PDFdestination{(page:\the\scratchcounter)}%
           \else % beware: optimizers remove this one
             \edef\PDFdestination{[\the\scratchcounter\space\PDFpageviewwrd]}%
           \fi
         \else % across files it's a page number
           \edef\PDFdestination{[\the\scratchcounter\space\PDFpageviewwrd]}%
         \fi
         \edef\action{/S /GoTo\PDFfile\space /D \PDFdestination}%
       \else
         \let\action\empty
       \fi}
      {\doifelsenothing{#4}
         {\let\PDFfile\empty}
         {\setreferencefilename/#4\to\PDFfile}%
       \edef\action{/S /URI /URI (#3\PDFfile)}}%
    \ifx\action\empty\else
      \ifsecondaryreference
        \savesecondaryPDFreference\action
      \else
        \getsecondaryPDFreferences
        \doPDFaction
          width #1 height #2
          action {\action \secondaryPDFreferences}%
      \fi
    \fi
    \egroup}

\def\fakePDFpagedestination % as in pdf, we start numbering at zero
   {\iflocation \ifovercomePDFpage \ifarrangingpages \else
      \bgroup
      \advance\realpageno -1
      \expanded{\doPDFdestination name {page:\realfolio}}%
      \egroup
    \fi \fi \fi}

\appendtoks
   \fakePDFpagedestination