* itemize: italic items
@ 2001-11-05 16:33 Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2001-11-05 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2001-11-05 17:09 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-11-05 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 05:33 PM 11/5/2001 +0100, you wrote:

>\startitemize[n][stopper=]
>Text Text Text
>\item one
>\item two
>\stopitemize
>Text Text Text
>\stoptext

Well, how about the following trick:

   \defineconversion [patrick] [\it\numbers]

the last commands gets the argument so this goes ok with:

   \startitemize [patrick]
     \item  interesting
     \item  feature
   \stopitemize

Actually, you can do nice tricks with conversions and symbols.

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: itemize: italic items
@ 2001-11-05 18:04   ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2001-11-05 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Hans (and others..)

> >how do I change the 1 and 2 to italic?

> Well, how about the following trick:
>
>    \defineconversion [patrick] [\it\numbers]

i am - once again - amazed by the abilities of ConTeXt. It would be
sooooooooo nice if we had this in the manual (cont-en{p,i}).
The only thing I can find there is:

(page 229 cont-eni.pdf)

[...]

The symbols used under 1 to 8 can be defined with the command \definesymbol
(see secion ??) and the conversion of the numbering with \defineconversion
(see section ??).

[...]

Ok, it is time for some sports now!

Patrick (who loves to play hockey on his unicycle :)

* Re: itemize: italic items
@ 2001-11-06 11:19     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-11-06 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 07:04 PM 11/5/2001 +0100, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
>Hello Hans (and others..)
>
> > >how do I change the 1 and 2 to italic?
>
> > Well, how about the following trick:
> >
> >    \defineconversion [patrick] [\it\numbers]
>
>i am - once again - amazed by the abilities of ConTeXt. It would be
>sooooooooo nice if we had this in the manual (cont-en{p,i}).
>The only thing I can find there is:
>
>(page 229 cont-eni.pdf)
>
>[...]
>
>The symbols used under 1 to 8 can be defined with the command \definesymbol
>(see secion ??) and the conversion of the numbering with \defineconversion
>(see section ??).
>
>[...]

How about this one:

\defineconversion[patrick][p,a,t,r,i,c,k]

\starttext

\startitemize[patrick]
\item how \item about \item this \item trick \item with
\item symbol \item sets
\stopitemize

\stoptext
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re[2]: itemize: italic items
@ 2001-11-06 12:49       ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2001-11-06 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

HH> How about this one:

HH> \defineconversion[patrick][p,a,t,r,i,c,k]

HH> \starttext

HH> \startitemize[patrick]
HH> \item how \item about \item this \item trick \item with
HH> \item symbol \item sets
HH> \stopitemize

Hans, and what about inline itemization, (1) like (2) this (3)~one?

And what about \defineitemize, \setupitemize and the like, to
create custom reusable multilevel itemization sets without having
to retype the specs each time?

:-)

(Just brainstorming for some features I would really like to see
--btw I noticed you added tabulate heads and foots: can barely
wait to test them!)

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re[2]: itemize: italic items
@ 2001-11-06 15:29         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-11-06 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 01:49 PM 11/6/2001 +0100, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

>Hans, and what about inline itemization, (1) like (2) this (3)~one?
>
>And what about \defineitemize, \setupitemize and the like, to
>create custom reusable multilevel itemization sets without having
>to retype the specs each time?

i know and it's in the todo list [just spoiled a day on tracing down a
tricky sync problem between layers and backgrounds]

>(Just brainstorming for some features I would really like to see
>--btw I noticed you added tabulate heads and foots: can barely
>wait to test them!)

Well, since you have a reasonable new version, you can pop this code
(cont-new.tex)

\def\fulltabulatecontent
   {\ifx\tabulateheadcontent\empty\else
      \TABLEnoalign{\global\settrue\tabulatesomeamble}%
      \tabulateheadcontent
      \TABLEnoalign{\global\setfalse\tabulatesomeamble}%
    \fi
    \tabulatecontent
    \ifx\tabulatetailcontent\empty\else
      \TABLEnoalign{\global\settrue\tabulatesomeamble}%
      \tabulatetailcontent
    \fi}

\def\checkfulltabulatecontent
   {\doifdefinedelse{\??tt\currenttabulate\v!hoofd}
      {\@EA\let\@EA\tabulateheadcontent
         \csname\??tt\currenttabulate\v!hoofd\endcsname}
      {\let\tabulateheadcontent\empty}%
    \doifdefinedelse{\??tt\currenttabulate\v!voet}
      {\@EA\let\@EA\tabulatetailcontent
         \csname\??tt\currenttabulate\v!voet\endcsname}
      {\let\tabulatetailcontent\empty}}

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Tabulate headers and footers
@ 2001-11-11 22:05           ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2001-11-11 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Tuesday, November 06, 2001 Hans Hagen wrote:

>>(Just brainstorming for some features I would really like to see
>>--btw I noticed you added tabulate heads and foots: can barely
>>wait to test them!)

HH> Well, since you have a reasonable new version, you can pop this code
HH> (cont-new.tex)

HH> \def\fulltabulatecontent
HH>    {\ifx\tabulateheadcontent\empty\else
HH>       \TABLEnoalign{\global\settrue\tabulatesomeamble}%
HH>       \tabulateheadcontent
HH>       \TABLEnoalign{\global\setfalse\tabulatesomeamble}%
HH>     \fi
HH>     \tabulatecontent
HH>     \ifx\tabulatetailcontent\empty\else
HH>       \TABLEnoalign{\global\settrue\tabulatesomeamble}%
HH>       \tabulatetailcontent
HH>     \fi}

HH> \def\checkfulltabulatecontent
HH>    {\doifdefinedelse{\??tt\currenttabulate\v!hoofd}
HH>       {\@EA\let\@EA\tabulateheadcontent
HH>          \csname\??tt\currenttabulate\v!hoofd\endcsname}
HH>       {\let\tabulateheadcontent\empty}%
HH>     \doifdefinedelse{\??tt\currenttabulate\v!voet}
HH>       {\@EA\let\@EA\tabulatetailcontent
HH>          \csname\??tt\currenttabulate\v!voet\endcsname}
HH>       {\let\tabulatetailcontent\empty}}

Well, I suspect this is not enough ... I expected the header to be
repeated at the beginning of each part of the tabulate, when it
split across pages, but it is not so (it only appears in first
page). Also, I thought I could use

\starttabulatehead[test]
\NC My tabulate head \NC is like this \NC \NR
\stoptabulatehead

\starttabulate[|l|l|][header=test]

but this doesn't work. How do you select the head to use? And:
isn't there a name inconsistency (head/header)?

Also, maybe we should distinguish between head(er)/tail and "continuation
head/tail", and provide a way to define the latter (extremely
helpful when writing *long* tabulates, to allow the replication of
the head row!).

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta