* new website - manuals - figure inclusion
@ 2001-11-16  7:27 geert
From: geert @ 2001-11-16  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

- I checked out the new website and the new manuals.  Is there a special reason for leaving out the "figures" chapter in the dutch version of the manual ? (just out of curiosity... I can do with the english version as well.....)

- I am using context to generate documents that contain lots of figures, and all is working perfectly well as long as all the figures are jpg.  As soon as I include some tif files, instead of the figure, I get a box in my text which says "niet gedefinieerd".  I am using the --pdf option to generate PDF.  The pdfTeX I am using is pdfTeX Version 3.14159-14f-released-20000525 (MiKTeX 2.1).  I also tried generating the "texutil.tuf" files without success.  Any hints on that problem ??

Geert Dobbels
Spain

* Re: new website - manuals - figure inclusion
@ 2001-11-16  8:49 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-11-16  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 08:27 AM 11/16/2001 +0100, geert@jet.es wrote:
>- I checked out the new website and the new manuals.  Is there a special
>reason for leaving out the "figures" chapter in the dutch version of the
>manual ? (just out of curiosity... I can do with the english version as
>well.....)

they are on my machine but i have to correct them and bring both manuals in
sync.

>- I am using context to generate documents that contain lots of figures,
>and all is working perfectly well as long as all the figures are jpg.  As
>soon as I include some tif files, instead of the figure, I get a box in my
>text which says "niet gedefinieerd".  I am using the --pdf option to
>generate PDF.  The pdfTeX I am using is pdfTeX Version
>3.14159-14f-released-20000525 (MiKTeX 2.1).  I also tried generating the
>"texutil.tuf" files without success.  Any hints on that problem ??

In spec-tpd.tex (the pdftex special driver) you find:

\definefileinsertion{tpd}{pdf}{\handlepdfimage}
\definefileinsertion{tpd}{png}{\handlepdfimage}
\definefileinsertion{tpd}{jpg}{\handlepdfimage}
%definefileinsertion{tpd}{tif}{\handlepdfimage} % unstable

so the reason is: tif inclusion is too instable, which has to do with the
overloaded tif format.

you can add the line

   \definefileinsertion{tpd}{tif}{\handlepdfimage}

to your cont-sys.tex file if needed.

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl