* ftp mirror
@ 2001-12-10  9:23 Hans Hagen
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-12-10  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

There have been request for an mirror with ftp acccess. Emiel van Loon has
set one up at:

www.dow.wau.nl

the login name is: anoniem (sounds dutch)

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: ftp mirror
@ 2001-12-10 13:16 ` Tobias Burnus
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2001-12-10 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hi,

> There have been request for an mirror with ftp acccess. Emiel van Loon has
> set one up at:
> ftp://anoniem@www.dow.wau.nl/
This mirror is nice, but not completely usable:

The directories have these rights:
drwxrw-rw- 1 root  root            0   Dec  6 21:15   articles

Thus I cannot do a cd  and thus cannot get the files.

There is a "find . -type d | xargs chmod og+x" missing,
which sets the rights to be executable for "others".

Tobias

* Re: ftp mirror
@ 2001-12-10 13:25 ` Tobias Burnus
       [not found] ` <Pine.LNX.4.30.0112101455080.17168-100000@panter.soci.aau.d k>
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2001-12-10 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hi,

> There have been request for an mirror with ftp acccess. Emiel van Loon has
> set one up at:
> ftp://anoniem@www.dow.wau.nl/

Is this mirror up to date? The others (http://www.ntg.nl/context/,
http://www.ntg.nl/context/) are not yet setup to use the new location.

By the way when will you get your domain back? You still have your domain
administrated by "HappySite":

Registrant:
 Pragma
 Domain Name: PRAGMA-ADE.COM
 Administrative Contact:
    Hagen, Hans  admin@happysite.net
 Technical Contact:
    Hagen, Hans  admin@happysite.net
 Record last updated on 05-Dec-2001.
 Record expires on 28-Jun-2002.
 Record Created on 28-Jun-2000.
 Domain servers in listed order:
    NS1.HAPPYSITE.NET   64.27.98.219
    NS2.HAPPYSITE.NET   64.27.98.218

Or at least your Dutch domain:

   Domain name:
      pragma-ade.nl (first domain)

      Ridderstraat 27
      8061 GH HASSELT

   Administrative Contact:
      J. Hagen
      Phone: +31 38 4775369
      E-mail: postmaster@pragma-ade.nl
   Technical Contact:
      Xs4all Noc
      Phone: +31 20 3987654
      E-mail: hostmaster@xs4all.nl

Tobias

* Re: ftp mirror
@ 2001-12-10 13:36   ` Frans Goddijn
From: Frans Goddijn @ 2001-12-10 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Using FTP Voyager I get "too many connections on this account" and also
"user id not accepted" ...

Good idea to have such a site though, makes it easy to get a whole lot of
stuff in one go.

groet,

Frans

* Re: ftp mirror
@ 2001-12-10 13:57 ` Gilbert van den Dobbelsteen
       [not found] ` <Pine.LNX.4.30.0112101455080.17168-100000@panter.soci.aau.d k>
From: Gilbert van den Dobbelsteen @ 2001-12-10 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There have been request for an mirror with ftp acccess. Emiel van Loon has
> set one up at:
>
> www.dow.wau.nl
>
> the login name is: anoniem (sounds dutch)

How strange, the Denmark mirror was always accessible through ftp:

  ftp://panter.soci.aau.dk/pub/gilbert/context/pragma-ade

But it seems that www.pragma-ade.com doesn't work anymore. At least I cannot
mirror from there.

Gilbert.

* Re: ftp mirror
@ 2001-12-10 15:04   ` Frans Goddijn
From: Frans Goddijn @ 2001-12-10 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

I read Hans'message this morning where he wrote:

> (2) fetch the latest context
> from www.pragma-pod.nl

so that is probably the new/temp location...

* Re: ftp mirror
       [not found] ` <Pine.LNX.4.30.0112101455080.17168-100000@panter.soci.aau.d k>
@ 2001-12-10 15:36   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-12-10 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 02:57 PM 12/10/2001 +0100, Gilbert van den Dobbelsteen wrote:
>On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > There have been request for an mirror with ftp acccess. Emiel van Loon has
> > set one up at:
> >
> > www.dow.wau.nl
> >
> > the login name is: anoniem (sounds dutch)
>
>How strange, the Denmark mirror was always accessible through ftp:
>
>   ftp://panter.soci.aau.dk/pub/gilbert/context/pragma-ade

hm, strange indeed, since it was a ctan maintainers issue long ago; seems
they didn't try it -)

i will update the mirror pages later this month

>But it seems that www.pragma-ade.com doesn't work anymore. At least I cannot
>mirror from there.

we now have the new server running (other one was hacked and provider seems
to have disappeared) at

   ds035.xs4all.nl

and we're in the process of moving the other domains there (dns entries and
such).

thanks to the tiepmiep and ntg server we were not entirely in the dark -)

@ 2001-12-11 12:15   ` David Antos
From: David Antos @ 2001-12-11 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 02:16:10PM +0100, Tobias Burnus wrote:
> Hi,
>

> > There have been request for an mirror with ftp acccess. Emiel van Loon has
> > set one up at:
> > ftp://anoniem@www.dow.wau.nl/
> This mirror is nice, but not completely usable:
>
> The directories have these rights:
> drwxrw-rw- 1 root  root            0   Dec  6 21:15   articles
>
> Thus I cannot do a cd  and thus cannot get the files.
>
> There is a "find . -type d | xargs chmod og+x" missing,
> which sets the rights to be executable for "others".

It might be a good idea to remove the write-access for everyone, a bit
dangerous, isn't it?

D.A.

* Re: ftp mirror
@ 2004-07-21 14:25         ` Hans Hagen Outside
From: Hans Hagen Outside @ 2004-07-21 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eckhart Guthöhrlein wrote:

>On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 01:39:41PM +0200, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>

>>>What about an ftp mirror of all pragma-ade's material, like ftp.wau.nl
>>>some time ago?
>>>

>>I don't think that is done at the moment. Why do you want that, BTW?
>>
>>Here's my wget commandline for the tex.aanhet.net mirror, in case
>>that is any help:
>>
>>  wget -t1 -m -np -nv http://www.pragma-ade.com/ -X /pdftex/samples
>>

>Thanks, Taco, that's all I need. My mind was so fixed on ftp that I
>didn't think of wget.

you can also use rsync some trees (see texsync manual)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: ftp mirror
@ 2004-07-21 11:57       ` Eckhart Guthöhrlein
From: Eckhart Guthöhrlein @ 2004-07-21 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
Eckhart

* Re: ftp mirror
@ 2004-07-21 11:39     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2004-07-21 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:37:25 +0200, Eckhart wrote:

> What about an ftp mirror of all pragma-ade's material, like ftp.wau.nl
> some time ago?

I don't think that is done at the moment. Why do you want that, BTW?

Here's my wget commandline for the tex.aanhet.net mirror, in case
that is any help:

  wget -t1 -m -np -nv http://www.pragma-ade.com/ -X /pdftex/samples

--
groeten,

Taco

* Re: ftp mirror
@ 2004-07-21 10:37   ` Eckhart Guthöhrlein
From: Eckhart Guthöhrlein @ 2004-07-21 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2004-07-21  9:15 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2004-07-21  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 11:00:00 +0200, Eckhart wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been away from context for a while - is there currently an ftp
> mirror of pragma-ade.com? The old ones mentioned in the list archive

CTAN usually has an uptodate version of the 'current' (non beta) distribution
in (macros/context), because it mirrors pragma-ade's web site.

> don't work anymore.
>
> Regards,
> Eckhart

groeten,