* itemize extended
@ 2001-12-10 10:35 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-12-10 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Due to the presistent presure of GB (and because i needed it myself) we now
have definable itemizations

\defineitemgroup [xx]
\setupitemgroup[xx][packed]

\input tufte

\startxx[a]

\item \input tufte

\item \input tufte

\stopxx

one can set up [options,...] as well as key/value pairs as in \setupitemize.

Itemize itself is an itemgroup. By default 3 levels are available in user
defined itemizations. (6 in itemize), but one can configure that.

I extended itemize with an inline alternative:

\input tufte \startitemize[a,text] \item \input tufte \item \input tufte
\stopitemize \input tufte

there was already an "intext" option.

Of course you need todays beta for this.

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: itemize extended
@ 2001-12-10 14:24 ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2001-12-10 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Monday, December 10, 2001 Hans Hagen wrote:

HH> Hi,

HH> Due to the presistent presure of GB (and because i needed it myself) we now
HH> have definable itemizations

About time too! 8-D

HH> Itemize itself is an itemgroup. By default 3 levels are available in user
HH> defined itemizations. (6 in itemize), but one can configure that.

HH> I extended itemize with an inline alternative:

HH> \input tufte \startitemize[a,text] \item \input tufte \item \input tufte
HH> \stopitemize \input tufte

HH> there was already an "intext" option.

Great, again!

HH> Of course you need todays beta for this.

I'm going!

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: itemize extended
@ 2001-12-11  9:22   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-12-11  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 03:24 PM 12/10/2001 +0100, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

>HH> Of course you need todays beta for this.
>
>I'm going!

since you're such a source watcher: take a look at clonable floats,

\definefloat[gbsfloat][figure]

\placegbsfloat ....

which you can set up separately; the inner/outer alignment stuff is
experimental.

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Cloned floats (Was: Re[2]: itemize extended)
@ 2001-12-11 13:01     ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2001-12-11 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Tuesday, December 11, 2001 Hans Hagen wrote:

HH> since you're such a source watcher: take a look at clonable floats,

HH> \definefloat[gbsfloat][figure]

HH> \placegbsfloat ....

HH> which you can set up separately; the inner/outer alignment stuff is
HH> experimental.

What a coincidence! I had just come across it while thinking of a
way to put groups of floats together. Thanks to your patch to separate
the float content from the caption (which allows to put different
floats together in \startcombination, each with its caption), I
decided to define a new float, called floatgroup, without caption.
So I went to study the sources (who needs the manual? ;->) and
discovered the cloning feature!

* Re: Cloned floats (Was: Re[2]: itemize extended)
@ 2001-12-11 15:31       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-12-11 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 02:01 PM 12/11/2001 +0100, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

>Tuesday, December 11, 2001 Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>HH> since you're such a source watcher: take a look at clonable floats,
>
>HH> \definefloat[gbsfloat][figure]
>
>HH> \placegbsfloat ....
>
>HH> which you can set up separately; the inner/outer alignment stuff is
>HH> experimental.
>
>What a coincidence! I had just come across it while thinking of a
>way to put groups of floats together. Thanks to your patch to separate
>the float content from the caption (which allows to put different
>floats together in \startcombination, each with its caption), I
>decided to define a new float, called floatgroup, without caption.
>So I went to study the sources (who needs the manual? ;->) and
>discovered the cloning feature!

well, this is a precursor to a more advanced placement mechanism, so for
the rest you need a bit patience -)