* ConTeXt file as a result of mapping
@ 2001-12-15 17:03 Lukas Kubin
From: Lukas Kubin @ 2001-12-15 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Maybe this question is better to Hans Hagen directly:
Is it possible (or do you plan it) to get a plain ConTeXt source file as
a result of mapping the ConTeXt code to XML? I wish to get the code after
changing XML elements into ConTeXt according to my mapping file and before
it is translated by ConTeXt into dvi, pdf ...
Thank you.

lukas

--
Lukas Kubin
lukas.kubin@permonik.com

* Re: ConTeXt file as a result of mapping
@ 2001-12-17  8:55 ` Hans Hagen
       [not found]   ` <Pine.LNX.4.21.0112191812550.2947-100000@x.opf.slu.cz>
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-12-17  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 06:03 PM 12/15/2001 +0100, Lukas Kubin wrote:
>Maybe this question is better to Hans Hagen directly:
>Is it possible (or do you plan it) to get a plain ConTeXt source file as
>a result of mapping the ConTeXt code to XML? I wish to get the code after
>changing XML elements into ConTeXt according to my mapping file and before
>it is translated by ConTeXt into dvi, pdf ...
>Thank you.

I'm not sure if I understand you right.

You want

\defineXMLenvironment[test]
   {\startnarrower[2*left]}
   {\stopnarrower}

\startXMLdata
<test>
bla bla
</test>
\stopXMLdata

to produce

\startnarrower[2*left]
bla bla
\stopnarrrower

as output?

Not a real problem (did a quick test here), but for what purpose? There is
for instance some formatting involved.

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

@ 2001-12-21  9:14     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-12-21  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 07:35 PM 12/20/2001 +0100, Lukas Kubin wrote:
>Now, when I wish to process XML document with ConTeXt, I have to write
>which XML elements to replace with which ConTeXt's. ConTeXt internaly
>exchanges it and translates into PDF, DVI, ... So no TeX document is on
>the way. I only have XML source, ConTeXt mapping and the result of TeX
>process (or is? maybe I just don't know how to get it). It might be useful
>to have the TeX file available for some specific changes. I could do it
>with XSLT but why, when I already did similar work with creating the
>XML->ConTeXt mapping file.
>I don't know  how hard this is to implement but maybe someone else would
>find it useful too.

You can probably do most of what you want by setting up context commands or
create specific (new) instances of core functionality. Depends on what you
want to change.

Another option is to add processing instructions (i.e. insert additional
context code in the xml document)

@ 2001-12-17 13:12 Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2001-12-17 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

[...]

> to produce
>
> \startnarrower[2*left]
> bla bla
> \stopnarrrower
>
> as output?
>
> Not a real problem (did a quick test here), but for what purpose? There is
> for instance some formatting involved.

Something like this can be easily done with xslt processors. Why
should anyone abuse TeX for that?

Viele Grüße,

  Patrick Gundlach