* Re: source files?
       [not found] <55349327.1008931553@[0.0.0.0]>
@ 2001-12-21 17:29 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-12-21 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 10:45 AM 12/21/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>East Lansing, MI
>
>hello,
>While a long-time LaTeX user, I'm just discovering ConTeXt. Somewhere on
>your site you mention "reverse engineering" as a good way to learn - it's
>nearly the only way to learn something like ConTeXt..efficiently.
>Accordingly, I would very much appreciate having access to the source files
>for the beta handbook English reference manual. I would then adopt my own
>ideas by building from that considerable base. I don't see that it is
>available anywhere on your site. Would it be possible to make these
>available?

once finished i can generate a version cross linked to the result (had such
one before). Actually, since i always use the

\startbuffer
example code
\stopbuffer

\typebuffer

\getbuffer

construct, most of the code you see in there is shown as is and typeset.
So, there is not so much more to gain. A good example of context coding is
the pdftex manual source code (on the site).

Also, there *are* examples of coding styles: see s-*.tex (and x-*.tex for
angle bracket lovers)

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-12-21 17:29 UTC | newest]