* Maths with Times
@ 2001-12-28 22:03 Giuseppe Bilotta
       [not found] ` <Pine.GSO.4.43.0112291417540.22800-100000@emerald.bio.dfo.c a>
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2001-12-28 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

here we are again :-)

The LaTeX packages mathptm and mathptmx allow people to use "as
much as possible" of Times in math, and everything else is taken
from CMR. This is basically achieved by making use of some
specific font metric files plus calling euler and (I think) ams
fonts for the remnants and redefining some commands so that they
get the right thing from the right font. (Further details in the
aforementioned .sty files ...)

Anything like this in ConTeXt?

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: Maths with Times
@ 2001-12-29 18:26 ` George N. White III
       [not found] ` <Pine.GSO.4.43.0112291417540.22800-100000@emerald.bio.dfo.c a>
From: George N. White III @ 2001-12-29 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

> Hello,
>
> here we are again :-)
>
> The LaTeX packages mathptm and mathptmx allow people to use "as
> much as possible" of Times in math, and everything else is taken
> from CMR. This is basically achieved by making use of some
> specific font metric files plus calling euler and (I think) ams
> fonts for the remnants and redefining some commands so that they
> get the right thing from the right font. (Further details in the
> aforementioned .sty files ...)
>
> Anything like this in ConTeXt?
>
> --
> Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

Look in type-enc.tex and you will see that the math fonts for
"times" use the tx fonts.  I like these better than the LaTeX
styles that mix CM and Times, but Y&Y's MathTime Plus fonts
should be even better.

--
George N. White III <gnw3@acm.org> Bedford Institute of Oceanography

* Re: Maths with Times
       [not found] ` <Pine.GSO.4.43.0112291417540.22800-100000@emerald.bio.dfo.c a>
@ 2002-01-01 12:18   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-01-01 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Giuseppe Bilotta, ntg-context

At 02:26 PM 12/29/2001 -0400, George N. White III wrote:
>On Fri, 28 Dec 2001, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > here we are again :-)
> >
> > The LaTeX packages mathptm and mathptmx allow people to use "as
> > much as possible" of Times in math, and everything else is taken
> > from CMR. This is basically achieved by making use of some
> > specific font metric files plus calling euler and (I think) ams
> > fonts for the remnants and redefining some commands so that they
> > get the right thing from the right font. (Further details in the
> > aforementioned .sty files ...)
> >
> > Anything like this in ConTeXt?
> >
> > --
> > Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta
>
>Look in type-enc.tex and you will see that the math fonts for
>"times" use the tx fonts.  I like these better than the LaTeX
>styles that mix CM and Times, but Y&Y's MathTime Plus fonts
>should be even better.

support for spivaks math times in under construction, i (or even better:
taco, since he has already looked into math timesin the past) should set up
a math symbol file for that. Actually, that's the only thing needed to get
math times working: edit math-tim into a proper (modern) context file, i
may do that some day soon; berthold has sent me the files so i can do the
testing. time ...

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl