* Status of Euro in ConTeXt?
@ 2002-01-06  2:35 Frans Goddijn
From: Frans Goddijn @ 2002-01-06  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

on http://ml-archives.mini.pw.edu.pl/ntg-context.html I have searched for
the current status of the Euro sign for ConTeXt users but it seems there's
no simple non-guru euro-for-dummies trick out yet. Am I right?

The reason I ask is the commercial font setup that I had with over 100
different Euro signs for different font families doesn't work anymore and
until I (or Taco) get that running I'd like to revert to the generic Euro
symbol, if there was one...

PS: http://www.pragma-pod.com/ seems offline/gone, is that right?

Groet,

Frans

* Re: Status of Euro in ConTeXt?
@ 2002-01-07 14:11 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-01-07 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 03:35 AM 1/6/2002 +0100, Frans Goddijn wrote:
>Hello,
>
>on http://ml-archives.mini.pw.edu.pl/ntg-context.html I have searched for
>the current status of the Euro sign for ConTeXt users but it seems there's
>no simple non-guru euro-for-dummies trick out yet. Am I right?

see symb-eur.tex and/or the other symb files for an example of how to
define your own euro font setup;

\definesymbol[euro][\getglyph{FransFont}{\char123}]

is about the shortest def you can use. [in the symb files you can also see
how to define symbols that adapt themselves to styles and so; size adaption
is automatic.

[apart from the euro symbol being ugly, the money is ugly too, so don't ask
me how to define them in MP]

>The reason I ask is the commercial font setup that I had with over 100
>different Euro signs for different font families doesn't work anymore and
>until I (or Taco) get that running I'd like to revert to the generic Euro
>symbol, if there was one...
>
>PS: http://www.pragma-pod.com/ seems offline/gone, is that right?

we're currently transfering the domains which is a slow and painful process
(so far for the internet); use

www.pragma-pod.nl

instead
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl