* Re: this list
@ 2002-01-08 15:19 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2002-01-08 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

> in order to prevent spam on this list, the maintainer of the ntg lists has
> made them closed list i.e. you only send mails using the address known to
> the list program,

Oh no! That means i cannot write emails from my private account,
since only my university account is known to the list program.
There was only so little spam...

Viele Grüße,

  Patrick Gundlach

* Re: this list
@ 2002-01-08 16:23   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-01-08 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 04:19 PM 1/8/2002 +0100, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
>Hi,
>
> > in order to prevent spam on this list, the maintainer of the ntg lists has
> > made them closed list i.e. you only send mails using the address known to
> > the list program,
>
>Oh no! That means i cannot write emails from my private account,
>since only my university account is known to the list program.
>There was only so little spam...

well, you can always subscribe twice -)

the problem is that i get all problematic mail, which means quite some
bounces (you will be surprised how many mail addresses occasionally fail)
and also all spammy messages (some that are too large already bounce).

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl
                                   fall-back web server:
www.pragma-pod.nl