From: Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>
Cc: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Re: cont-sys, fonts and presentation styles
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:30:45 +0100	[thread overview]

At 08:52 PM 1/23/2002 +0100, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
>Am Mittwoch 23 Januar 2002 09:29 schrieb Hans Hagen:
> > are you sure that you have
> >    \autoloadmapfilestrue
>
>You are right, I forgot to adapt cont-sys.[rme|tex]
>
>Now I commented all mapping in pdftex.cfg, else I get too many "already
>defined"-messages.

right, this is something that i need to sort out with thanh

>I must test the other options further, for I don't know what errors occur
>why...
>
> >> % Enabling run time \METAPOST\ (also enable \write18 in
> >> % texmf.cnf):
>
>Metapost runs automatically from texexec (or so), even without enabling the
>following three options. Could you explain the effect of:
>
>  \runMPgraphicstrue

process mp graphics real time (forces mp only call)

>  \runMPTEXgraphicstrue

process mp graphics with tex in it realtime (forces texexec calling mp, slower)

>  \recycleMPslotstrue

this will be default soon, has to do with real time processing and using as
less graphics as possible (was kind of experimental in the beginning, since
it needs some housekeeping, like finding free slots in numbers and so); low
level crap you don;t need to worry about.

>And I got the impression that MetaFun is used even without enabling:
>  \useMETAFUNformattrue

this only affects the real time run, not the run inbetween

>On making my first ConTeXt presentation, I started with style 19 (organic),
>changed the colors and fonts and am satisfied so far.
>But if I load style 01, it claims that \StopTitlePage was unknown. I'm
>puzzled, while the definition is clearly visible in s-pre-01.tex.

hm, are you sure that 01 is loaded?

>I had another error: Metapost cried, paths would not intersect.
>I don't know, what this means, but I found out what was wrong: I had too many
>Subjects/Topics, that didn't fit on one page...

right, unavoidable, maybe use a smaller font for the menu

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl
                                   fall-back web server:
www.pragma-pod.nl