From: Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>
Cc: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Re: Itemize within tabulate does not work correctly, I think.
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:56:43 +0100	[thread overview]

At 10:23 PM 1/25/2002 +1100, Daniel Pittman wrote:

>Ah. I have not expressed myself well. :(  The layout example I showed
>was incomplete -- I was too busy trying to cut it down to the minimum
>size.
>
>I want to get this effect, roughly:
>
>+--------------------+-----------------------------+
>+ * ingredient one   + The steps to prepare this   +
>+ * ingredient two   + part of the recipe. They go +
>+ * ingredient three + on for a bit, involving the +
>+                    + ingredients to the left.    +
>+--------------------+-----------------------------+
>+ * ingredient four  + The next step.              +
>+ * ingredient five  +                             +
>+ * ingredient three +                             +
>+--------------------+-----------------------------+
>
>So, a continuing table with one or more ingredients in the left column
>and the steps that use them in the right.
>
>The hight of each row in the table should be determined by the longer of
>the list of ingredients and the instructions.
>
>What I /really/ want to achieve, though, and am having trouble with, is
>that I should be able to have *any* number of ingredients on the left
>and *any* length of text on the right without having whitespace imposed
>on either side for those blocks.

\starttabulate[|p(.4\hsize)|p|]
\NC
   \startitemize
   \item ingredient one
   \item ingredient two
   \item ingredient three
   \stopitemize
\NC
   The steps to prepare this
   part of the recipe. They go
   on for a bit, involving the
   ingredients to the left.
\NC \NR
\NC
   \startitemize
   \item ingredient four
   \item ingredient five
   \item ingredient three
   \stopitemize
\NC
   The next step.
\NC \NR
\stoptabulate

>I hope that is more clear about what I want. The intention is to group
>the ingredients for the next step of a recipe together, putting them
>next to the text explaining what to do with them.
>
>The only way I can see it working with one ingredient per table row is
>if I can allow the text on the right to fill more than one row, as with
>the HTML table:

\bTABLE
\bTR
   \bTD