* ["Markus A. Boeing" <markus@boeing-online.de>]
       [not found] <200201291256.NAA29169@smail.let.uu.nl>
@ 2002-01-29 16:46 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-01-29 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

[this is a closed list, use the mail adress that you subscribed with]

>Ladies and Gents,
>
>first and foremost my apologies if my questions should be inappropriate for
>this list.
>
>I am new to ConTeXt coming from LaTeX. So far I am quite happy with
>ConTeXt, there are just a couple of things that I can't figure out.
>
>1) Using LaTeX with pdfTeX and the hyperref package I can produce PDF
>documents with a click-able table of contents. If you open a PDF document
>you would see the page on the right hand side. In a small window on the
>left a tree structure of the document TOC is shown. Clicking on a chapter
>or section title would bring up the respective page in the right hand
>window. Can I achieve a similar effect with ConTeXt?

of course you need:

\setupinteracion[state=start]

and then, if you really want to see them:

\setupinteractionscreen[option=bookmark]

and somewhere in the preamble:

\placebookmarks[chapter,section][chapter]

with the second entry denoting the opened ones

[i hope that it works, never use it myself]

>2) How can I explicitly add color to selected text in a \starttyping
>environment? I experimented with the default escape character (/) and
>{\red} but without success. There should be a way of doing it because you
>can colorize programming language syntax. I just couldn't figure it out how
>to do it.

i admit that the next solution is ugly; maybe i should cook up some better
thing

\setupcolors[state=start]

\starttext

\setuptyping[option=commands]

\def\Bred{\bgroup\hskip-.5em\red}
\def\Ered{\egroup}

\def\Bblue{\bgroup\hskip-.5em\blue}
\def\Eblue{\egroup}

\starttyping
test /Bred test/Ered test
test /Bblue test oeps/Eblue test
\stoptyping

\stoptext

>3) Can I rotate figure? For example I have an A4 portrait document and want
>to include an A4 landscape figure. Now I would to rotate the figure by 90
>degrees and scale it to \textwidth. Well, scaling to \textwidth works fine
>but how can I rotate a figure in ConTeXt?

\rotate{\externalfigure....}

\totate[rotation=270]{...}

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl
                                   fall-back web server:
www.pragma-pod.nl

* ["Markus A. Boeing" <markus@boeing-online.de>]
@ 2002-01-29 13:55 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-01-29 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

forwarded question , pleasd sync email addresses