* About umlauts and bookmarks
@ 2002-01-31 18:08 Klaus Herrmann
From: Klaus Herrmann @ 2002-01-31 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I am using the win encoding to be able to use "real" umlauts in my
german tex source files (ä instead of "a). However, any umlaut in a
bookmark will have a pair of curly brackets appended when I use this
encoding. E.g. I have a chapter named "Dienstgüte" which appears as
"Dienstgü{}te" in the bookmarks.

How can I avoid this and still be able to type ä instead of "a?

Grü{}ß{}e,
    Klaus

--
+ Klaus Herrmann
+ Technische Universität Berlin

* Re: About umlauts and bookmarks
@ 2002-02-01  9:12 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-02-01  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 07:08 PM 1/31/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am using the win encoding to be able to use "real" umlauts in my
>german tex source files (ä instead of "a). However, any umlaut in a
>bookmark will have a pair of curly brackets appended when I use this
>encoding. E.g. I have a chapter named "Dienstgüte" which appears as
>"Dienstgü{}te" in the bookmarks.
>
>How can I avoid this and still be able to type ä instead of "a?

is this also happening in the latest beta?

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl
                                   fall-back web server:
www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: About umlauts and bookmarks
@ 2002-02-01 13:37   ` Klaus Herrmann
From: Klaus Herrmann @ 2002-02-01 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hans Hagen wrote:

> At 07:08 PM 1/31/2002 +0100, you wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I am using the win encoding to be able to use "real" umlauts in my
> >german tex source files (ä instead of "a). However, any umlaut in a
> >bookmark will have a pair of curly brackets appended when I use this
> >encoding. E.g. I have a chapter named "Dienstgüte" which appears as
> >"Dienstgü{}te" in the bookmarks.
> >
> >How can I avoid this and still be able to type ä instead of "a?
>
> is this also happening in the latest beta?

I downloaded and installed the official version, I think. The date is
2001.11.13.13.14. Is the beta version reasonably stable?

> Hans
>                                    Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl
>                        Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
>   tel: +31 (0)38 477 53 69 | fax: +31 (0)38 477 53 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
>                                    fall-back web server:
> www.pragma-pod.nl

Cheers
    Klaus

--

@ 2002-02-01 14:42     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-02-01 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 02:37 PM 2/1/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Hans Hagen wrote:
>
> > At 07:08 PM 1/31/2002 +0100, you wrote:
> > >Hi,
> > >
> > >I am using the win encoding to be able to use "real" umlauts in my
> > >german tex source files (ä instead of "a). However, any umlaut in a
> > >bookmark will have a pair of curly brackets appended when I use this
> > >encoding. E.g. I have a chapter named "Dienstgüte" which appears as
> > >"Dienstgü{}te" in the bookmarks.
> > >
> > >How can I avoid this and still be able to type ä instead of "a?
> >
> > is this also happening in the latest beta?
>
>I downloaded and installed the official version, I think. The date is
>2001.11.13.13.14. Is the beta version reasonably stable?

i'm always working with the beta -) and it's quite stable and has some bugs
fixed