* Euro
@ 2002-03-12 20:57 Frans Goddijn
From: Frans Goddijn @ 2002-03-12 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On
http://www.linmpi.mpg.de/english/services/software/latex/localtex/eurosymbol
.html
there's a brief explanation of the way the Euro can be implemented in LaTeX.
I got the big zipfile from
http://www.linmpi.mpg.de/english/services/software/latex/localtex/zipped/eur
osymbol.zip
and there's a whole bunch of files in there. Quite confusing to start with
but not surprising as there are several Euro packages shrinkwrapped into one
bag.
The AFM/PFB files need to be retrieved from yet another address:
www.adobe.com/type/eurofont.html

One of the packages is more purist and provides the sans serif Eurosign
which still changes along to its environment into normal, bold and
(bold-)italic like it should. The other one (europs.sty also morphs into a
serif symbol, a typewriter symbol et cetera which I like better.

A while ago I recall there was some discussion about the possible ways
someone could maybe develop a Euro solution for ConTeXt.

I wonder: is this simple to implement in ConTeXt today (for the clever guys
out here) since these Adobe files are there up for grabs anyway?

Groet,

Frans