* Re: Howto ... reference of sources
@ 2002-04-11  7:18 Peter Jander
From: Peter Jander @ 2002-04-11  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Earlier I tryed to put this reference into captions, but  after
> generatin list of floats, this references appeared and the list was too
> long. Is there any way to state text in caption but not in list of
> float?
\nolist{ This text will only show in the caption, but not in the list of
figures.}

Hope this helps,
Peter

* Re: Howto ... reference of sources
@ 2002-04-11  7:50 ` Jan Hon
From: Jan Hon @ 2002-04-11  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dne čt 11. duben 2002 09:18 Peter Jander napsal(a):
> > Earlier I tryed to put this reference into captions, but  after
> > generatin list of floats, this references appeared and the list was too
> > long. Is there any way to state text in caption but not in list of
> > float?
>
> \nolist{ This text will only show in the caption, but not in the list of
> figures.}
This is fine but in the list are dots, they normaly shows that captions
continue. But the reference is not a part of the name of float. Is there
any way to force this dots not to appear.

I have one more question. How to write in Context this charecter § , I gues
it is called single sign. I tryed \S like in TeX but it does not work. Any
idea?
--
(:c) honza hon  <honzahon(at)centrum.cz>

* Re: Howto ... reference of sources
@ 2002-04-11  7:52 ` Peter Jander
From: Peter Jander @ 2002-04-11  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

From:           	Jan Hon <jan.hon@hon.cz>
Send reply to:  	honzahon@centrum.cz
To: 	"Peter Jander" <pj@orc.soton.ac.uk>,
  	"ntg-context@ntg.nl" <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
Subject:        	Re: Howto ... reference of sources
Date sent:      	Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:50:11 +0200

> Dne  t 11. duben 2002 09:18 Peter Jander napsal(a):
> > > Earlier I tryed to put this reference into captions, but  after
> > > generatin list of floats, this references appeared and the list was too
> > > long. Is there any way to state text in caption but not in list of
> > > float?
> >
> > \nolist{ This text will only show in the caption, but not in the list of
> > figures.}
> This is fine but in the list are dots, they normaly shows that captions
> continue. But the reference is not a part of the name of float. Is there
> any way to force this dots not to appear.
You can redefine \nolist in the setup of your document:
\def\nolist#1{}

Peter

NB
Hans,
if you have spare time on your hands :-), I think a \setupnolist
command to avoid this low-level stuff would be helpful.

* Re: Howto ... reference of sources
@ 2002-04-14 21:06   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-04-14 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: honzahon, ntg-context

At 07:52 AM 4/11/2002 +0000, Peter Jander wrote:

>You can redefine \nolist in the setup of your document:
>\def\nolist#1{}

or: \let\nolist\gobbleoneargument

>if you have spare time on your hands :-), I think a \setupnolist
>command to avoid this low-level stuff would be helpful.

ah, spare time, where can i buy that, anyway, cleaning up lists is on my
todo list (this nolist stuff is pretty old)

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re[2]: Howto ... reference of sources
@ 2002-04-15 12:10     ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2002-04-15 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Sunday, April 14, 2002 Hans Hagen wrote:

HH> ah, spare time, where can i buy that, anyway, cleaning up lists is on my
HH> todo list (this nolist stuff is pretty old)

Is cleaning the todo list on your todo list as well? :-D

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re[2]: Howto ... reference of sources
@ 2002-04-15 14:04       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-04-15 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 02:10 PM 4/15/2002 +0200, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

>Sunday, April 14, 2002 Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>HH> ah, spare time, where can i buy that, anyway, cleaning up lists is on my
>HH> todo list (this nolist stuff is pretty old)
>
>Is cleaning the todo list on your todo list as well? :-D

actually i'm cleaning up my desk now (a real mess, extended to the floor)
and i just fetched a new basket for these 'small todo' notes -)

real paperwork, not electronically, was there anything on your
'for-hans-to-do-list' left?

[reminds me, italian does use << >> and these are now redone on behalf of
french, how about spacing around them]

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re[3]: Howto ... reference of sources
@ 2002-04-15 21:18         ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2002-04-15 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Monday, April 15, 2002 Hans Hagen wrote:

HH> real paperwork, not electronically, was there anything on your
HH> 'for-hans-to-do-list' left?

Uhm. Can't think of any right now. I suspended the document with
all the floats and tables by now, soooooooo ...

Ok, a couple of things that come to mind:

(1) both left and right floats on the same paragraph.
(2) side-by-side floats
(3) split floats (important for long tables, floating.)
(4) multiple paragraphs shaped around a single float (imagine a
long but thin picture, and two or three paragraphs shaped around
it); thus, automatic heritage of the remaining parshape (this
shouldn't be hard to do in e-TeX).

HH> [reminds me, italian does use << >> and these are now redone on behalf of
HH> french, how about spacing around them]

(5) complete encoding vectors
(6) multiple speech-like quoting. (So that I can define a
speech-like quoting for speech, one for thoughts, etc.)

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: Re[3]: Howto ... reference of sources
@ 2002-04-16  8:59           ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2002-04-16  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii", Size: 330 bytes --]

Hello Giuseppe,

> (5) complete encoding vectors

you mean the enco-{ans,tbo,ec}.tex? I am working on this, 95% finished,
sending Hans by the end of the week. regi-il1 needs some work, too but I
have not looked into this too deeply.

--
Viele Grüße,

    Patrick Gundlach

PS: sorry Hans, I have sent you a copy by accident.

* Re[5]: Howto ... reference of sources
@ 2002-04-16 12:00             ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2002-04-16 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Tuesday, April 16, 2002 Patrick Gundlach wrote:

PG> Hello Giuseppe,

>> (5) complete encoding vectors

PG> you mean the enco-{ans,tbo,ec}.tex? I am working on this, 95% finished,
PG> sending Hans by the end of the week. regi-il1 needs some work, too but I
PG> have not looked into this too deeply.

Thank you very much. I enormously appreciate your work.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: Howto ... reference of sources
@ 2002-04-11  8:40 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-04-11  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 10:16 PM 4/10/2002 +0200, Jan Hon wrote:
>Ahoi,
>a few Context newbie questions.
>1. I have table and few lines of text below, or figure and few textlines
>, simply float and text. The text is reference to source of this
>float(table or whatever) and I need keep this togather. It does not
>matter where it is printed, but must be togather.

see core-mis.tex and search for "legend":

%D \placefigure
%D   {whow}
%D   {\placelegend
%D      {\externalfigure[cow]}
%D      {\starttabulation
%D       \NC 1 \NC head \NC \NR
%D       \NC 2 \NC legs \NC \NR
%D       \NC 3 \NC tail \NC \NR
%D       \stoptabulation}}

you can place then left,right,bottom etc and set the dimensions (yet
undocumented but in use)

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl
                                   fall-back web server:
www.pragma-ade.nl

* Howto ... reference of sources
@ 2002-04-10 20:16 Jan Hon
From: Jan Hon @ 2002-04-10 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ahoi,
a few Context newbie questions.
1. I have table and few lines of text below, or figure and few textlines
, simply float and text. The text is reference to source of this
float(table or whatever) and I need keep this togather. It does not
matter where it is printed, but must be togather.
Earlier I tryed to put this reference into captions, but  after
generatin list of floats, this references appeared and the list was too
long. Is there any way to state text in caption but not in list of
float?
Any idea how to type reference to souces?

2. Setting width of all tables in document to \textwidth?
I tryed \setuptables[width=\textwidth] does not work.

3. How to generete register in format like this:
factoring        45
   ~export     56,58
   ~import     61,74

The question is about ~, or there can be -.
I do not know how to define register with this tilda.

Thank you for any answer
honza hon

--
(:c) honza hon  <honzahon(at)centrum.cz>