* FLOWchart: colored connections and other styles
@ 2002-04-12 17:49 Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2002-04-12 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ahoi!

How can I change color or dashing for only one or a few connections?
(There's an example in "mchart", but without source.)

Is it possible to set up some "classes" of cells that use the usual shapes
but other colors or line styles?
I'd like to distinguish e.g. different types of files.

More chart questions will follow soon -- I'm on making some workflow
charts of our newspaper...

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
--
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
---

* Re: FLOWchart: colored connections and other styles
@ 2002-04-12 20:40 ` W. Egger
From: W. Egger @ 2002-04-12 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hallo Hraban

> How can I change color or dashing for only one or a few connections?

> Is it possible to set up some "classes" of cells that use the usual shapes
> but other colors or line styles?

Some time ago I had to make a presentation, wherein I had to solve the above
mentioned issues. At that time Hans gave me some tips. Though my example
file is in Dutch, I believe that this example can help you find your way.

Kind regards Willi

[-- Attachment #2: testchart.pdf --]

[-- Attachment #3: testchart.tex --]

% Context file
% Testchart

\setupoutput[pdftex]
\usemodule[chart]
\usemodule[units]
\setuppapersize[A4][A4]

\setupcolors[state=start]
\definecolor[grey][r=.85,g=.85,b=.85]
\definecolor[darkgreen][r=0,g=0.5,b=0]
\definecolor[Blau][r=0.0,g=0.0,b=0.9]

\setupFLOWcharts
   [x=1,
    y=1,
    nx= 5,
    ny= 8,
    dx=2\bodyfontsize,
    dy=2\bodyfontsize,
    maxheight=\textheight]

\setupFLOWshapes
	[framecolor=black]

\setupbodyfont[ss,10pt]

\startFLOWchart[Beslisboom1]

\bgroup
	\setupFLOWshapes%
		[framecolor=Blau]
	\setupFLOWlines%
		[dash=no,color=Blau]

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{Start}
	\location {3,1}
	\shape{12}
	\connection[b,t]{Test1}
	\text{metaal in eindproduct}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{Test1}
	\location {3,2}
	\shape{45}
	\text{beheersmaatregel uitgevoerd?}
	\connection[b,t]{Test2}
	\label [b]{j}
	\setupFLOWlines%
		[color=black,dash=yes]
	\connection[l,t]{Test4}
	\label[l]{n}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{Test2}
	\location {3,3}
	\shape{45}
	\text{gereduceerd?\\ge\"elimineerd?}
	\setupFLOWlines%
		[color=black,dash=yes]
	\connection[b,t]{Test3}
	\label[b]{n}
	\setupFLOWlines%
		[color=Blau,dash=no]
	\connection[r,r]{Test6}
	\label[r]{j}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{Test6}
	\location {3,6}
	\shape{45}
	\text{laater in proces\\nog beheers\\maatregelen?}
	\connection[b,t]{CCPja}
	\label[b]{n}
	\setupFLOWlines
		[dash=yes, color=black]
	\connection[l,r]{Node2}
	\label[l]{j}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{CCPja}
	\location {3,7}
	\shape{12}
	\text{\bf{CCP}}
   \stopFLOWcell

\egroup

\bgroup

\setupFLOWlines%
	[dash=yes,arrow=yes]

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{Test4}
	\location {2,3}
	\shape{45}
	\text{beheersmaatregel noodzakelijk?}
	\connection[b,t]{Test5}
	\label [b]{j}
	\connection[r,r]{Node1}
	\label[r]{n}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{Test5}
	\location {2,4}
	\shape{45}
	\text{beheerst door alg.\\procedure?}
	\connection[b,t]{Node1}
	\label [b]{j}
	\connection[l,r]{Aanpassen}
	\label[l]{n}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{Aanpassen}
	\location {1,4}
	\shape{action}
	\text{Aanpassen proces \\ of maatregel}
	\connection[t,l]{Start}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{Node1}
	\location {2,5}
	\shape{node}
	\text{}
	\connection[b,t]{Node2}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{Node2}
	\location {2,6}
	\shape{node}
	\text{}
	\connection[b,t]{CCPnee}
    \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{CCPnee}
	\location {2,7}
	\shape{12}
	\text{\bf{geen CCP}}
   \stopFLOWcell

   \startFLOWcell
	\name{Test3}
	\location {3,4}
	\shape{45}
	\text{gevaar blijft?\\gevaar hoger?}
	\connection[b,t]{Test6}
	\label[b]{j}
	\connection[l,r]{Node1}
	\label[l]{n}
   \stopFLOWcell

\egroup
\stopFLOWchart

\starttext

\FLOWchart[Beslisboom1]

\stoptext

* Re: FLOWchart: colored connections and other styles
@ 2002-04-13 17:58   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2002-04-13 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Am Freitag, 12. April 2002 22:40 schrieb W. Egger:
> > How can I change color or dashing for only one or a few connections?
> Some time ago I had to make a presentation, wherein I had to solve the
> above mentioned issues. At that time Hans gave me some tips. Though my
> example file is in Dutch, I believe that this example can help you find
> your way.

Thank you very much!
(Indeed the hint "use \bgroup ... \egroup" would have been enough.)

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
--
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
---

* Re: FLOWchart: colored connections and other styles
@ 2002-04-14 20:12   ` John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2002-04-14 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

On Friday 12 April 2002 16:40, W. Egger wrote:
> Hallo Hraban
>
> > How can I change color or dashing for only one or a few
> > connections?
> >
> > Is it possible to set up some "classes" of cells that use the
> > usual shapes but other colors or line styles?
>
> Some time ago I had to make a presentation, wherein I had to solve
> the above mentioned issues. At that time Hans gave me some tips.
> Though my example file is in Dutch, I believe that this example can
> help you find your way.

Very interesting! The flowchart package is one that I need and had
not heard of before. Unfortunately when I try to run your
testchart.tex I have two problems:

1. I t cnnot find metafun.mem so it tries to use metapost.mem. I have
neither file. Is this something Windows-specific?

2. It blows up on the following:

This is MetaPost, Version 0.641 (Web2C 7.3.1)
Sorry, I can't find the mem file `metafun.mem'; will try `mpost.mem'.
(mpgraph.mp
! Number is too large (8000).
l.1 mpgraph:=8000

I am not a metapost user but I thought the flowchart module would
be useful.

Any thoughts on any of  the above?

I can't find metafun.mem anywhere.

John Culleton

* Re: FLOWchart: colored connections and other styles
@ 2002-04-14 21:36     ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2002-04-14 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am Sonntag, 14. April 2002 22:12 schrieb John Culleton:
> Very interesting! The flowchart package is one that I need and had
> not heard of before. Unfortunately when I try to run your

You seem to go unusual ways to ConTeXt, most time...
Many users came to ConTeXt (nearly) only for the chart module.

> 1. I t cnnot find metafun.mem so it tries to use metapost.mem. I have
> neither file. Is this something Windows-specific?

Did you make your ConTeXt formats with texexec?
Try simply "texexec --make" or "texexec --make metafun"

--
Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---

* Re: FLOWchart: colored connections and other styles
@ 2002-04-15 13:57       ` John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2002-04-15 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sunday 14 April 2002 17:36, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 14. April 2002 22:12 schrieb John Culleton:
>

> > 1. I t cnnot find metafun.mem so it tries to use metapost.mem. I
> > have neither file. Is this something Windows-specific?
>
> Did you make your ConTeXt formats with texexec?
> Try simply "texexec --make" or "texexec --make metafun"

I had to do both    but now it works! Thanks very much.

Now all I need to do is find documentaiton on the module.   In the
meantime I will take your testchart.tex and experiment with it.

I came to Context for features like interaction and the inmargin
capability.  Flowcharting is a welcome bonus. I believe Context
is the wave of the future for TeX.  Thanks go to  Hans H. and the
development community.

John Culleton

D O T E A S Y - "Join the web hosting revolution!"
             http://www.doteasy.com

* Re: FLOWchart: colored connections and other styles
@ 2002-04-15 14:26         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-04-15 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Henning Hraban Ramm, ntg-context

At 09:57 AM 4/15/2002 -0400, John Culleton wrote:
>On Sunday 14 April 2002 17:36, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> > Am Sonntag, 14. April 2002 22:12 schrieb John Culleton:
> >

> > > 1. I t cnnot find metafun.mem so it tries to use metapost.mem. I
> > > have neither file. Is this something Windows-specific?
> >
> > Did you make your ConTeXt formats with texexec?
> > Try simply "texexec --make" or "texexec --make metafun"
>
>I had to do both    but now it works! Thanks very much.
>
>Now all I need to do is find documentaiton on the module.   In the
>meantime I will take your testchart.tex and experiment with it.
>
>I came to Context for features like interaction and the inmargin
>capability.  Flowcharting is a welcome bonus. I believe Context
>is the wave of the future for TeX.  Thanks go to  Hans H. and the
>development community.

www.pragma-ade.com -> big picture -> showcase -> manuals -> charts manual

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: FLOWchart: colored connections and other styles
@ 2002-04-15 20:10         ` W. Egger
From: W. Egger @ 2002-04-15 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hi John,

On the PRAGMA site there is a new manual on flowcharting. - Its very good!

Willi

@ 2002-04-15 20:13     ` W. Egger
From: W. Egger @ 2002-04-15 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hi John,

You need to make the metafun.mem and put it into e.g. texmf-var\web2c. This
is not Windows specific. You obtain the file by running texexec --make
metafun. Be aware, that the file is created in the directory where you run
texexec.

I hope this helps. Willi

* Re: FLOWchart: colored connections and other styles
@ 2002-04-16  0:04       ` John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2002-04-16  0:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

On Monday 15 April 2002 16:13, W. Egger wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> You need to make the metafun.mem and put it into e.g.
> texmf-var\web2c. This is not Windows specific. You obtain the file
> by running texexec --make metafun. Be aware, that the file is
> created in the directory where you run texexec.
>
> I hope this helps. Willi

More or less by dumb luck I followed earlier advice and ran:

texexec --make metafun
texexec --make

... and the file appeared in the correct directory and I could
execute the sample testchart.tex file.  Then I tried a few charts and
ran into trouble. Then Hans H. pointed me to the manual. A few more
experiments and I was in business. I still don't understand what all
the parameters to \setupFLOWcharts do, but I found a combination
that will work and I am sticking to it :-)

Thanks again.

John Culleton

D O T E A S Y - "Join the web hosting revolution!"
             http://www.doteasy.com

* lucida bright fonts
@ 2002-04-16  1:33         ` walter a kehowski
From: walter a kehowski @ 2002-04-16  1:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have the Lucida Bright fonts installed and they work just fine with MiKTeX/yap/dvips/reader.
However, once I tried to use them with context I get the error message below.
What is the problem? How can I get context to recognize the fonts?

I've already checked the archive and there seemed to be no resolution posted
to a similar problem.

Walter Kehowski

%%% log file
This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.14159-14f-released-20000525-2.1 (MiKTeX 2.1)
(preloaded format=cont-en 2002.4.14)  15 APR 2002 18:25
entering extended mode
**fonts-lbr
(fonts-lbr.tex{pdftex.cfg}

ConTeXt  ver: 2001.11.13  fmt: 2002.4.14  int: english  mes: english

language       : language en is active
system         : cont-new loaded
(C:\Program Files\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\cont-new.tex
systems        : beware: some patches loaded from cont-new.tex!
system (E-TEX) : [line 473] \ifcsname
)
system         : cont-old loaded
(C:\Program Files\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\cont-old.tex
)
system         : cont-fil loaded
(C:\Program Files\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\cont-fil.tex
)
bodyfont       : 12pt rm is loaded
language       : patterns 2-en-2 2-uk-2 2-de-2 2-fr-2 2-es-2 2-nl-2 loaded
specials       : tex,postscript,rokicki loaded
(C:\Program Files\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\type-pre.tex
typescript     : [serif,sans,mono,math,handwriting] [lucida] [name,special,defa
ult]
(C:\Program Files\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\type-syn.tex)
(C:\Program Files\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\type-enc.tex)
(C:\Program Files\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\type-siz.tex)
(C:\Program Files\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\type-map.tex)
(C:\Program Files\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\type-spe.tex
(C:\Program Files\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\math-lbr.tex))
(C:\Program Files\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\type-exa.tex)
typescript     : [serif,sans,mono,math,handwriting] [default] [size]
(C:\Program Files\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\type-syn.tex)
(C:\Program Files\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\type-enc.tex)
(C:\Program Files\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\type-siz.tex)
(C:\Program Files\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\type-map.tex)
(C:\Program Files\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\type-spe.tex)
(C:\Program Files\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\type-exa.tex)
typescript     : [map] [default] []
(C:\Program Files\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\type-syn.tex)
(C:\Program Files\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\type-enc.tex)
(C:\Program Files\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\type-siz.tex)
(C:\Program Files\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\type-map.tex
pdftex         : needs map file: original-ams-cmr.map
pdftex         : needs map file: original-ams-euler.map
pdftex         : needs map file: original-ams-logo.map
pdftex         : needs map file: original-micropress-informal.map
) (C:\Program Files\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\type-spe.tex)
(C:\Program Files\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\type-exa.tex))
! Font \*12ptrmtf*=LucidaBright at 12.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file
not f
ound.
\lastfontname ...idaBright at \scaledfont

\donoparsefontspec ...sname \lastfontname
                                          \relax \the \everyfont \relax

\xxdododefinefont ...2}\newfontidentifier
                                          \doresetrelativefontsize \f...
\fontstrategy ...ame #2#3#4#5#6\endcsname
                                          \let \fontstrategy \gobbles...
<inserted text> ...talternative \fontsize
                                          \fontstrategy \autofontsize...
\synchronizefont ... \the \fontstrategies
                                          \ifskipfontcharacteristics ...
l.6 \setupbodyfont[lbr]

? X
No pages of output.

* Re: lucida bright fonts
@ 2002-04-16 10:39           ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-04-16 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 06:33 PM 4/15/2002 -0700, walter a kehowski wrote:

>(C:\Program Files\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\type-exa.tex))
>! Font \*12ptrmtf*=LucidaBright at 12.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file
>not f
>ound.
>\lastfontname ...idaBright at \scaledfont
>
>\donoparsefontspec ...sname \lastfontname
>                                           \relax \the \everyfont \relax
>
>\xxdododefinefont ...2}\newfontidentifier
>                                           \doresetrelativefontsize \f...
>\fontstrategy ...ame #2#3#4#5#6\endcsname
>                                           \let \fontstrategy \gobbles...
><inserted text> ...talternative \fontsize
>                                           \fontstrategy \autofontsize...
>\synchronizefont ... \the \fontstrategies
>                                           \ifskipfontcharacteristics ...
>l.6 \setupbodyfont[lbr]

does

   [ber,lbr]

work? [i.e. berry names]

it looks like the SymbolicName onto filename mapping is missing.

alternatively you can use texfont to generate the lbr-texnansi alike tfm
files and specify \setupencoding[default=texnansi]

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Lucida Bright fonts
       [not found]       ` <3CC0CC3C.7218C29C@gcmail.maricopa.edu>
@ 2002-04-20 23:24         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-04-20 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 07:02 PM 4/19/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Hans,
>
>I already have afm, tfm files and such located in C:\localtexmf\fonts//.
>Will this
>command over-write these files?

no, because i use more meaningful names, like texnansi-lbr and alike

       [not found]   ` <3CBE43E9.7565CE19@gcmail.maricopa.edu>
@ 2002-04-18  7:36     ` Hans Hagen
       [not found]       ` <3CC0CC3C.7218C29C@gcmail.maricopa.edu>
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-04-18  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 08:56 PM 4/17/2002 -0700, walter.kehowski@gcmail.maricopa.edu wrote:
>Hans,
>
>Is there a problem in general with Lucida Bright fonts in ConTeXt right now or
>is it just a problem with my MiKTeX 2.1/ConTeXt-2001.11.13/Win2K setup? I
>would like to start playing and having fun with ConTeXt but only if I can get
>my beloved Lucida Bright fonts working.

No problem with lucida, you only need to set them up,

given that you have yoru lucida fonts organized in .../bh/lucida/... paths:

   texfont type-buy.dat --en=texnansi --ve=bh --co=lucida

will generate metrics and a test file; this file should run (not sure if
miktex needs another treatment)

if you now set your defaultencoding to texnansi
(\setupencoding[default=texnansi]) it should work

@ 2000-11-21 18:45   ` Christopher Tipper
From: Christopher Tipper @ 2000-11-21 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

A case of wishful thinking I think. Lucida Bright .pfb's are _not_ distributed with StarOffice 5.2 on windows. Another reason to decamp to Linux? :-)

Christopher