* Framed texts
@ 2002-04-15 15:01 Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2002-04-15 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

a couple of questions on framed texts.

(1) What's the difference between framedtext and framed?
(\defineframedtext, \defineframed)

(2) when using a framedtext it's possible to choose wether to
align the box in the middle or shuffled left or right with the
first optional argument [left,middle,right]. It is not possible to
set this when defining the framedtext, though. Why?

TIA
--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: Framed texts
@ 2002-04-24 12:34 ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2002-04-24 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Just in case this was missed in the mail server problems:

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: Framed texts
@ 2002-05-09 18:43   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-05-09 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 02:34 PM 4/24/2002 +0200, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

>GB> (2) when using a framedtext it's possible to choose wether to
>GB> align the box in the middle or shuffled left or right with the
>GB> first optional argument [left,middle,right]. It is not possible to
>GB> set this when defining the framedtext, though. Why?

The next release will offer "location=left|right|middle|none"; the next
should work with the beta (not sure)

\def\dododostartframedtext[#1][#2][#3]%
   {\doifsomething{#2}{\setvalue{\??kd#1\c!plaats}{#2}}%
    \processaction % \v!laag en \v!diepte are already taken !
      [\getvalue{\??kd#1\c!plaats}]
      [  \v!links=>\letvalue{\??kd#1\c!links }\relax
                   \letvalue{\??kd#1\c!rechts}\hfill,
        \v!rechts=>\letvalue{\??kd#1\c!links }\hfill
                   \letvalue{\??kd#1\c!rechts}\relax,
        \v!midden=>\letvalue{\??kd#1\c!links }\hfill
                   \letvalue{\??kd#1\c!rechts}\hfill,
          \v!geen=>\letvalue{\??kd#1\c!links }\relax % new
                   \letvalue{\??kd#1\c!rechts}\relax]% new
    \letvalue{\??kd#1\c!plaats}\empty

(you definitely know where to patch this -)

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: framed texts
@ 2006-01-07 12:50     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-01-07 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans van der Meer wrote:

> On Jan 6, 2006, at 18:20, Peter Rolf wrote:
>
>>> Hans van der Meer wrote:
>>> I want to put to some paragraphs, each as framed text, on one line.
>>> Such as:
>>>
>>> \startframedtext[width=...]
>>>     para 1
>>>     \startitemize
>>>     ....etc
>>> \stopframedtext
>>> \startframedtext[width=...]
>>>     para 2
>>>     \startitemize
>>>     ....etc
>>> \stopframedtext
>>>
>>> I tried some things but the two frames will not come out on one line.
>>> How to do this?
>>>
>> \placesidebyside (context manual p.228) should work. A \hbox is  another
>> option, but maybe too unhandy for this.
>>
>> Greetings, Peter
>

> No, that will not work.
> After much probing I found the culprit.
> The framedtext takes the full linewidth and apparently does not
> reduces it to the given size.
> Therefore enclosing in a vbox seems necessary:
>    \vbox{\hsize=framesize\startframedtext{width=framesize ...
>
> Question for Hans Hagen: is it an option letting framedtext set the
> hsize when a specific width is given?

\hbox to \hsize \bgroup
    \startframedtext[none][width=.5\textwidth]
        \input tufte
    \stopframedtext
    \startframedtext[none][width=.5\textwidth]
        \input zapf
    \stopframedtext
\egroup

* Re: framed texts
@ 2006-01-06 20:43   ` Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2006-01-06 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jan 6, 2006, at 18:20, Peter Rolf wrote:

>> Hans van der Meer wrote:
>> I want to put to some paragraphs, each as framed text, on one line.
>> Such as:
>>
>> \startframedtext[width=...]
>>     para 1
>>     \startitemize
>>     ....etc
>> \stopframedtext
>> \startframedtext[width=...]
>>     para 2
>>     \startitemize
>>     ....etc
>> \stopframedtext
>>
>> I tried some things but the two frames will not come out on one line.
>> How to do this?
>>
> \placesidebyside (context manual p.228) should work. A \hbox is
> another
> option, but maybe too unhandy for this.
>
> Greetings, Peter

No, that will not work.
After much probing I found the culprit.
The framedtext takes the full linewidth and apparently does not
reduces it to the given size.
Therefore enclosing in a vbox seems necessary:
    \vbox{\hsize=framesize\startframedtext{width=framesize ...

Question for Hans Hagen: is it an option letting framedtext set the
hsize when a specific width is given?

yours sincerely,
dr. H. van der Meer

* Re: framed texts
@ 2006-01-06 17:20 ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2006-01-06 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans van der Meer wrote:
> I want to put to some paragraphs, each as framed text, on one line.
> Such as:
>
> \startframedtext[width=...]
>     para 1
>     \startitemize
>     ....etc
> \stopframedtext
> \startframedtext[width=...]
>     para 2
>     \startitemize
>     ....etc
> \stopframedtext
>
> I tried some things but the two frames will not come out on one line.
> How to do this?

\placesidebyside (context manual p.228) should work. A \hbox is another
option, but maybe too unhandy for this.

Greetings, Peter

> yours sincerely,
> dr. H. van der Meer