* MPtoPDF extension
@ 2002-05-18  0:54 Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2002-05-18  0:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hullo,

AFAIK MPtoPDF only suppots the conversion of one MPS file
in one PDF file. Would it be possible to enhance MPtoPDF
in a way that it can build a PDF from multiple MPS files.

Here i mean only files with equal <jobname>, e.g. example.1,
example.2 ... example.6 become example-c.pdf (c=collection).

Maybe the Perl-programm can support the command line switch
--collection/-c, then all MPS files will be included in
one PDF file, every figure on its own page and (i hope it is possible)
every page/Mediabox fits the size of the figure on this page.

Thanks in advance.

Jens

* Re: MPtoPDF extension
@ 2002-05-19 21:48 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-05-19 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt

At 02:54 AM 5/18/2002 +0200, Jens-Uwe Morawski wrote:

>Hullo,
>
>AFAIK MPtoPDF only suppots the conversion of one MPS file
>in one PDF file. Would it be possible to enhance MPtoPDF
>in a way that it can build a PDF from multiple MPS files.
>
>Here i mean only files with equal <jobname>, e.g. example.1,
>example.2 ... example.6 become example-c.pdf (c=collection).
>
>Maybe the Perl-programm can support the command line switch
>--collection/-c, then all MPS files will be included in
>one PDF file, every figure on its own page and (i hope it is possible)
>every page/Mediabox fits the size of the figure on this page.
>
>Thanks in advance.

hm, there is actually mptopdf.pl which happily accepts

   mptopdf hundredgraphics

or even

   mptopdf quitesomegraphics.mp

or

   mptopdf only-these-*.*

and alike; another alternative is:

   texexec --fig=c --pdf whatever-pattern

all these do what you ask for: nicely cropped pdf's

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: MPtoPDF extension
@ 2002-05-20 16:26   ` Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2002-05-20 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 19 May 2002 23:48:40 +0200
Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> At 02:54 AM 5/18/2002 +0200, Jens-Uwe Morawski wrote:
>
> >Hullo,
> >
> >AFAIK MPtoPDF only suppots the conversion of one MPS file
> >in one PDF file. Would it be possible to enhance MPtoPDF
> >in a way that it can build a PDF from multiple MPS files.
> >
> >Here i mean only files with equal <jobname>, e.g. example.1,
> >example.2 ... example.6 become example-c.pdf (c=collection).
> >
> >Maybe the Perl-programm can support the command line switch
> >--collection/-c, then all MPS files will be included in
> >one PDF file, every figure on its own page and (i hope it is possible)
> >every page/Mediabox fits the size of the figure on this page.
> >
> >Thanks in advance.
>
> hm, there is actually mptopdf.pl which happily accepts
>
>    mptopdf hundredgraphics
>
> or even
>
>    mptopdf quitesomegraphics.mp

It seems my question was misleading. I ask for the support
that multiple MPS files, for example <jobname>.1 <jobname>.2
to *one* PDF file that contains, in this example, 6 pages with
each figure on its own page.

Jens

* Re: MPtoPDF extension
@ 2002-05-20 17:37     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-05-20 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 06:26 PM 5/20/2002 +0200, Jens-Uwe Morawski wrote:

>It seems my question was misleading. I ask for the support
>that multiple MPS files, for example <jobname>.1 <jobname>.2
>to *one* PDF file that contains, in this example, 6 pages with
>each figure on its own page.

   texexec --pdf --fig=c somefile.*

will do that