* Web pages via Context.
@ 2002-05-21 13:47 John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2002-05-21 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

At the pragma-ade.nl site we are given a choice of browsing the site
via html or pdf. Unfortunately in my browsers the pdf interpeter is launched
separately and the anchors (references to other pages) don't work.

I use Linux and either Mozilla or Konqueror. Both are set up to use Acrobat
Reader plugin. What browser--plugin combination  allows this
site to be navigated using PDF? will Opera work?
--
Able Indexers and Typesetters
http://wexfordpress.com

D O T E A S Y - "Join the web hosting revolution!"
             http://www.doteasy.com

* Re: Web pages via Context.
@ 2002-05-27 20:31 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-05-27 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 09:47 AM 5/21/2002 -0400, John Culleton wrote:
>At the pragma-ade.nl site we are given a choice of browsing the site
>via html or pdf. Unfortunately in my browsers the pdf interpeter is launched
>separately and the anchors (references to other pages) don't work.
>
>I use Linux and either Mozilla or Konqueror. Both are set up to use Acrobat
>Reader plugin. What browser--plugin combination  allows this
>site to be navigated using PDF? will Opera work?

here netscape, ie, and opera work ok

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Web pages via Context.
@ 2002-05-28  8:00   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2002-05-28  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In my galeon it doesn't work. perhaps because galeon doesn't support
full-screen page opening mode for the plugin. It does open in the
same tab/window, but the content of the pdf is shifted to the left
about half a page, and the links don't work.

On Mon, 27 May 2002 22:31:47 +0200
"Hans Hagen" <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> At 09:47 AM 5/21/2002 -0400, John Culleton wrote:
> >At the pragma-ade.nl site we are given a choice of browsing the site
> >via html or pdf. Unfortunately in my browsers the pdf interpeter is launched
> >separately and the anchors (references to other pages) don't work.
> >
> >I use Linux and either Mozilla or Konqueror. Both are set up to use Acrobat
> >Reader plugin. What browser--plugin combination  allows this
> >site to be navigated using PDF? will Opera work?
>
> here netscape, ie, and opera work ok
>
> Hans

>                                    Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl
>                        Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
>   tel: +31 (0)38 477 53 69 | fax: +31 (0)38 477 53 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
>                         information: http://www.pragma-ade.com/roadmap.pdf
>                      documentation: http://www.pragma-ade.com/showcase.pdf

groeten,

Taco

* Re: Web pages via Context.
@ 2002-06-08 16:25   ` John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2002-06-08 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

On Monday 27 May 2002 04:31 pm, Hans Hagen wrote:
> At 09:47 AM 5/21/2002 -0400, John Culleton wrote:
> >At the pragma-ade.nl site we are given a choice of browsing the site
> >via html or pdf. Unfortunately in my browsers the pdf interpeter is
> > launched separately and the anchors (references to other pages) don't
> > work.
> >
> >I use Linux and either Mozilla or Konqueror. Both are set up to use
> > Acrobat Reader plugin. What browser--plugin combination  allows this
> >site to be navigated using PDF? will Opera work?
>
> here netscape, ie, and opera work ok
>
> Hans

I tested with both Netscape 6.2 and Mozilla 0.99. I used the pragma-ade.nl
site for the tests. I could drill down one layer, and sometimes two. But
frequently I got error messages and finally with either browser I got into
a loop of flashing screens. Three possiblities:

1. There is a defect in my version of Acrobat Reader 4.0
2. There are problems at the Pragma site (not likely :)
3. The length of the connection (US to NL) causes erratic behaviour and
timeouts.

I would like to hear other reports.
--
John Culleton