From: Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>
Cc: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Re: Hyphenation problem
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 18:36:07 +0200	[thread overview]

At 03:38 PM 6/10/2002 +0200, Nagy Bence wrote:
>Hi all,
>

>I would like to typeset hungarian texts with ConTeXt, and
>I'm using the following code in LaTeX:
>
>     \usepackage[magyar]{babel}
>     \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
>     \usepackage[latin2]{inputenc}
>
>How can I do this with ConTeXt? I want to use Latin-2
>encoding in my files and obtain correct hyphenation in words
>with accented characters.
>
>My format file was generated with
>
>     texexec --make --language=hu en
>
>and I can see, that the hungarian hyphenation patterns are
>loaded, when I run ConTeXt. The first line of my document is
>
>     %interface=en output=pdftex translate=il2-t1
>
>but I always receive the warning message
>
>     Missing character: There is no é in font cmr10!
>
>and similar... (but this error doesn't appear with \'e) And
>the hyphenations are missing in these words.

best is:

   texexec --make --language=en,hu --bodyf=csr en

in case of english default: \mainlanguage[hu]

now the cmr's are replaced by their il2 csr counterparts

i'm not sure about the translate filter

[btw, it may be that some additional language settings are needed, like
spacing around : as in french, so if this is needed, let me know]

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl