* Figure numbers, Lastpage and Column questions
@ 2002-07-10 10:12 Rob van Swol
From: Rob van Swol @ 2002-07-10 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

hello,

I have posted these questions couple of days ago but so far no replies,
so I try again.

1. I would like to have figure numbers running from 1 to n instead of
per chapternumber. I have tried to use  \setupcaptions[way=bytext] but
this not work. Taking an example from a previous discussion I still get
Figure 1.1 instead of Figure 1

\starttext
\setupcaptions[way=bytext]
   \chapter{test} \placefigure{}{}
\stoptext

2. How do I get the total number of figures or total number of tabels,
or more general totalnumberoffloat.?

3. How do I get the total number of numbered pages (not \lastpage
because this one includes the number of unnumbered pages at the start of
my document, e.q. title page)?

4. Columns: If I put balance=no, the text after stopcolumns is placed on
a new page, which is not what I want. Also, it seems that the height=3cm
does not do anything. Basically, I want to fill the first column first
and continue in the next column after the height or number of lines are
reached. Is this possible?

Regards,
Rob

Rob W. van Swol
National Aerospace Laboratory NLR       Tel. +31 527 248252
P.O. Box 153                            Fax  +31 527 248210
8300 AD Emmeloord                       E-Mail vanswol@nlr.nl
The Netherlands                         http://www.neonet.nl/