* Spacing around \useMPgraphic
@ 2002-06-28 14:35 Nigel King
From: Nigel King @ 2002-06-28 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

All,

Is the spacing in the pdf file enclosed a bug or a feature.

As you can see below I am trying very hard to get space before the picture
using \blank[big] etc. The output refuses to comply.

%---testpacing.tex--start--
\setupoutput[pdftex]
\setupwhitespace[big]
\startuseMPgraphic{test}
fill fullsquare scaled 10pt;
\stopuseMPgraphic
\starttext
Some paragraph

\blank[big]

\useMPgraphic{test}

Some more paragraphs

And another paragraph
\stoptext
%---testspacing.tex---end--

TIA
regards
--
Nigel

[-- Attachment #2: testspacing.pdf --]

* Re: Spacing around \useMPgraphic
@ 2002-06-29  0:28 ` Nigel King
From: Nigel King @ 2002-06-29  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Partially answering my own question!

This problem seems to be partially fixed by adding a \strut immediately
before and on the same line as \useMPgraphic. This is only a partial fix
because the strut causes the after space to be a few points larger than the
before space because the strut falls below the graphic. I don't really
understand now why it helps?

--
Nigel

* Re[2]: Spacing around \useMPgraphic
@ 2002-06-29 10:24   ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2002-06-29 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Saturday, June 29, 2002 Nigel King wrote:

NK> Partially answering my own question!

NK> This problem seems to be partially fixed by adding a \strut immediately
NK> before and on the same line as \useMPgraphic. This is only a partial fix
NK> because the strut causes the after space to be a few points larger than the
NK> before space because the strut falls below the graphic. I don't really
NK> understand now why it helps?

What about a an \enterhmove or \leavevmode instead of a \struct?

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re[2]: Spacing around \useMPgraphic
@ 2002-06-29 22:16     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-06-29 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 12:24 PM 6/29/2002 +0200, you wrote:

>Saturday, June 29, 2002 Nigel King wrote:
>
>NK> Partially answering my own question!
>
>NK> This problem seems to be partially fixed by adding a \strut immediately
>NK> before and on the same line as \useMPgraphic. This is only a partial fix
>NK> because the strut causes the after space to be a few points larger
>than the
>NK> before space because the strut falls below the graphic. I don't really
>NK> understand now why it helps?
>
>What about a an \enterhmove or \leavevmode instead of a \struct?

actually, \dontleavehmode -)

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Spacing around \useMPgraphic
@ 2002-06-30 15:11       ` Nigel King
From: Nigel King @ 2002-06-30 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks for inputs

> \dontleavehmode

Spacing perfection seems to be created by

\dontleavehmode\bbox{\useMPgraphic{test}}

Reagrds
--
Nigel

* Re[3]: Spacing around \useMPgraphic
@ 2002-06-30 15:55       ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2002-06-30 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Sunday, June 30, 2002 Hans Hagen wrote:

>>What about a an \enterhmove or \leavevmode instead of a \struct?

HH> actually, \dontleavehmode -)

Oops. Yes, of course 8)

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: Spacing around \useMPgraphic
@ 2002-07-01  8:35   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-07-01  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 01:28 AM 6/29/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Partially answering my own question!
>
>This problem seems to be partially fixed by adding a \strut immediately
>before and on the same line as \useMPgraphic. This is only a partial fix
>because the strut causes the after space to be a few points larger than the
>before space because the strut falls below the graphic. I don't really
>understand now why it helps?

\startlinecorrection
   \useMPgraphic{...}
\stoplinecorrection

@ 2002-07-12 16:56 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-07-12 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 03:35 PM 6/28/2002 +0100, Nigel King wrote:
>All,
>
>Is the spacing in the pdf file enclosed a bug or a feature.

\startlinecorrection % [blank]
>\useMPgraphic{test}
\stoplinecorrection