* How to use my own symbols?
@ 2002-07-26 11:42 Rob van Swol
From: Rob van Swol @ 2002-07-26 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

In LaTeX I was able to define a symbol (for instance a icon representing
a file or an icon representing a directory) like this:

\font\nf=myfont
\newcommand{\dirpic}{{\nf \char4}~}
\newcommand{\filepic}{{\nf \char5}~}

Within the working directory I had the following files:

myfont.tfm, myfont300pk, myfont600pk.

How can I do similar things in ConTeXt (without putting stuff in
/share/texmf/..) ?

Regards,
Rob

Rob W. van Swol
National Aerospace Laboratory NLR       Tel. +31 527 248252
P.O. Box 153                            Fax  +31 527 248210
8300 AD Emmeloord                       E-Mail vanswol@nlr.nl
The Netherlands                         http://www.neonet.nl/

* Re: How to use my own symbols?
@ 2002-07-26 15:44 ` Wybo Dekker
From: Wybo Dekker @ 2002-07-26 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Rob van Swol wrote:

> In LaTeX I was able to define a symbol (for instance a icon representing
> a file or an icon representing a directory) like this:
>
> \font\nf=myfont
> \newcommand{\dirpic}{{\nf \char4}~}
> \newcommand{\filepic}{{\nf \char5}~}
>
> Within the working directory I had the following files:
>
> myfont.tfm, myfont300pk, myfont600pk.
>
> How can I do similar things in ConTeXt (without putting stuff in
> /share/texmf/..) ?

just replace the \newcommands with \defs:

\def\dirpic{{\nf \char4}~}
\def\filepic{{\nf \char5}~}
--
Wybo

* Re: How to use my own symbols?
@ 2002-07-26 21:41   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-07-26 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 05:44 PM 7/26/2002 +0200, Wybo Dekker wrote:
>On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Rob van Swol wrote:
>
> > In LaTeX I was able to define a symbol (for instance a icon representing
> > a file or an icon representing a directory) like this:
> >
> > \font\nf=myfont
> > \newcommand{\dirpic}{{\nf \char4}~}
> > \newcommand{\filepic}{{\nf \char5}~}
> >
> > Within the working directory I had the following files:
> >
> > myfont.tfm, myfont300pk, myfont600pk.
> >
> > How can I do similar things in ConTeXt (without putting stuff in
> > /share/texmf/..) ?
>
>just replace the \newcommands with \defs:
>
>\def\dirpic{{\nf \char4}~}
>\def\filepic{{\nf \char5}~}

\definesymbol[dirpic][\getglyph{myfont}{\char4}]

is better, since (1) it does not clash with commands, and (2) it scales
with the current font.

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl