* [Greg Restall <Greg.Restall@mq.edu.au>]
@ 2002-08-03 15:43 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-08-03 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Greg.Restall

> [...]
>    \definefontsynonym [SerifSlanted]    [Hoefler-Slanted]
>    \definefontsynonym [SerifBoldItalic] [Hoefler-Bold-Italic]
>    \definefontsynonym [SerifBoldSlanted][Hoefler-Bold-Slanted]
>    \definefontsynonym [SerifCaps]       [Hoefler-Roman-SmallCaps]
>    \definefontsynonym [SerifBoldCaps]   [Hoefler-Bold-SmallCaps]
>\stoptypescript
>
>\starttypescript [sans] [myriad] [8r]
>    \definefontsynonym [Myriad-Roman]            [pmyr8r]  [encoding=8r]
>    \definefontsynonym [Myriad-Bold]             [pmyb8r]  [encoding=8r]
>    \definefontsynonym [Myriad-Italic]           [pmyri8r] [encoding=8r]
>    \definefontsynonym [Myriad-Slanted]          [pmyro8r] [encoding=8r]
>    \definefontsynonym [Myriad-Bold-Italic]      [pmybi8r] [encoding=8r]
>    \definefontsynonym [Myriad-Bold-Slanted]     [pmybo8r] [encoding=8r]
>\stoptypescript
>
>\starttypescript [sans] [myriad] [name]
>    \definefontsynonym [Sans]           [Myriad-Roman]
>    \definefontsynonym [SansBold]       [Myriad-Bold]
>    \definefontsynonym [SansItalic]     [Myriad-Italic]
>    \definefontsynonym [SansSlanted]    [Myriad-Slanted]
>    \definefontsynonym [SansBoldItalic] [Myriad-Bold-Italic]
>    \definefontsynonym [SansBoldSlanted][Myriad-Bold-Slanted]
>    \definefontsynonym [SansCaps]       [Myriad-Roman]
>    \definefontsynonym [SansBoldCaps]   [Myriad-Bold]
>\stoptypescript
>
>\starttypescript [hm]
>    \definetypeface [hm] [rm] [serif] [hoefler]         [default] [encoding=
>8r]
>    \definetypeface [hm] [ss] [sans]  [myriad]          [default] [encoding=
>8r]
>    \definetypeface [hm] [tt] [mono]  [computer-modern] [default] [encoding=
>8r]
>\stoptypescript
>
>\starttypescript [hm]
>    \usetypescript  [math] [euler] [all]
>\stoptypescript
>%%%%%
>
>Then if I do this in a test file:
>%%
>\usetypescriptfile[type-hoeflermyriad]
>\usetypescript[hm]
>\setupbodyfont[hm]
>\starttext
>\showmathcharacters
>\stoptext
>%%
>
>I get *some* of Euler working (the lowercase greeks) but not others.
>The uppercase greeks are picked from Hoefler, which isn't what I was after
>(especially as they're not there), and lots of other characters (natural,
>sharp, bigvee, bigwedge, biguplus, bigcap, bigcup, bigotimes, bigoplus,
>bigodot, bigsqcup, triangleleft, triangleright, star, smile, frown,
>leftharpoonup...) are all absent.
>
>Does anyone have any idea of what I'm doing wrong?  I guess it's obvious
>to the experienced ConTeXt-er, but I'm not seeing it.
>
>Thanks for any help you might have.
>--
>greg restall / http://consequently.org

>Deze e-mail is door E-mail VirusScanner van Planet Internet gecontroleerd

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Two quickies
@ 2002-08-03 19:01 ` Glenn R Williams
From: Glenn R Williams @ 2002-08-03 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All,

Two quick questions:

1. Is there a variable I can set to have all the temporary work files
   placed in a separate directory for texexec runs?

2. I have a project/product/component structure, and all works fine
   except that in my environment I have an abbreviation file which
   I \input in the environment file. when I try to generate a document
   from one of the product subdirectories, tex can't find the input
   file. The envirnment file and the abbreviation file are are in the
   same directory. A bit like this:

   /main_directory
       tri_env.tex (the environment file)
       tri_abbrev  (the abbreviation file)
       tri_proj    (the project file)
       /product1
          tri_prod.tex (the product file)

I am executing texec from the "product1" directory.

Thanks in advance,

Glenn
--
Glenn R. Williams
"Mathematical theories are the part of science you could continue to do

* Re: Two quickies - clarification
@ 2002-08-03 20:27   ` Glenn R Williams
From: Glenn R Williams @ 2002-08-03 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hi All,

I think I expressed my second question badly: what I meant to ask is
this: is there a way to include files other than the standard TeX
\inputcommand? I can easily get the \input in my example to work by
modifying the $TEXINPUTS environmental variable, but I wasn't sure if
that was the "accepted" way....

Thanks,

Glenn

@ 2002-08-04 21:38   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-08-04 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 03:01 PM 8/3/2002 -0400, Glenn R Williams wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>Two quick questions:
>
>1. Is there a variable I can set to have all the temporary work files
>    placed in a separate directory for texexec runs?

no, although this is on the to do list

btw it is possible to run files that come from an other path, so you can co
to a temp path, run texexec with --path=sourcepath, and copy the result back

>2. I have a project/product/component structure, and all works fine
>    except that in my environment I have an abbreviation file which
>    I \input in the environment file. when I try to generate a document
>    from one of the product subdirectories, tex can't find the input
>    file. The envirnment file and the abbreviation file are are in the
>    same directory. A bit like this:
>
>    /main_directory
>        tri_env.tex (the environment file)
>        tri_abbrev  (the abbreviation file)
>        tri_proj    (the project file)
>        /product1
>           tri_prod.tex (the product file)
>
>I am executing texec from the "product1" directory.

There are several ways to control paths; using \input is a bit dangerous
since it looks in the current path and in the main tex tree which can lead
to funny results (loading the wrong files)

There a few ways out:

(1) an ugly one:

\input ../tri_abbrev

(2) since env are taken from . ../ ../../ you can use:

\environment tri_abbrev

given that the file looks like

\startenvironment ...

\stopenvironment

(3) you can also explicitly set the paths to look at (env and components
and alike) using

or even the recently added:

\usesubpath[...,...,...]

This is typically the control needed for more complex workflows

(4) as a last resort there are commands in supp-fil.tex, like

\readfile
\readlocfile
\readsysfile

Hans