* please keep message small (>40K is rejected)
@ 2002-08-04 22:01 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-08-04 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

To: ntg-context-approval@let.uu.nl
Subject: BOUNCE ntg-context@let.uu.nl:     Message too long (>40000 chars)

 > Hello again,
 >
 > after editing a few simple documents with ConTeXt. I want to imitate some
 > house style that my company uses for courses. I was able to imitate the
 >style quite well: headers, footers, fonts, colors ... great!! But ...
 >(there's always a but ;-)) ...
 >
 >Every chapter of the style occupies a page and its some sort of drawing. The
 >chapter number and the chapter text go in a specific location within this
 >drawing (the ligth gray box). While I could try to recreate the drawing in
 >MetaFun (which I want to do some day in the future), I took the drawing and
 >include it in my ConText document.
 >
 >Here is what I've tried. In attachment I have the a low res image and a
 >simple source file if somebody is interested.

 >======================
 >\setuphead[section][page=yes,continue=no,after=\blank]
 >\defineoverlay[jnalogo][{\externalfigure[images/chapter-front][type=png,widt
 >h=\overlaywidth,height=\overlayheight]}]
 >\def\JNAChapter#1#2%
 >{{\framed[height=24cm,width=11.1cm,background=jnalogo]{#1 : #2%this should
 >go in the grey box
 >}}}
 >
 >\setuphead[chapter][before=\noheaderandfooterlines,
 >                    command=\JNAChapter
 >                   ]
 >=======================

better:

\setuphead
   [chapter]
   [headerstate=none,
    footerstate=none,
    command=\JNAChapter]

\starttext

\chapter{Text}

\stoptext

 >Now my only problem is:
 >- position the entire chapter figure in the middle of the page

you could define a special layout, or use layers

 >- position the number and the text in the middle of the gray box of the
 >image
 >
 >I read about layers and stuff, but I don't have a clue how I could position
 >a piece of text at a specific location of a frame so that it appears at the
 >right spot on top of the drawing (if you look at the image, it should go
 >into the middle of the light gray box).
 >
 >any ideas?
 >
 >thanks,
 >
 >Kris Hermans.

untested:

\defineoverlay
   [jnalogo]
   [\overlayfigure{images/chapter-front}]

\definelayer
   [jnatext]

\def\JNAChapter#1#2%
   {\setlayerframed
      [jnatext]
      [x=2cm,
       y=4cm]
      [width=10cm,
       height=5cm]
      {#1 : #2}%
    \framed
      [height=24cm,
       width=11.1cm,
       background={jnalogo,jnatext}]}

an option is to add background=color,backgroundcolor=gray to the layerframed

concerning the middle of the page:

\definelayer
   [page]

\setuplayer
   [page]
   [width=\paperwidth,
    height=\paperheight]

\setupbackgrounds
   [page]
   [background=page]

\def\JNAchapter#1#2%
   {\setlayer
      [x=.5\paperwidth,
       y=.5\paperheight,
       location=c]
      {\externalfigure....}
    \setlayer
      [....]
      {#1 #2}
    % force new page
    \page[empty]}

 >PS: before I actually investigate time in it: is it possible to re-draw the
 >attached image using metafun?

dunno since there is no attachment -)
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-08-04 22:01 UTC | newest]