From: Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>
Cc: NTG-ConTeXt <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
Subject: Re: Apple-Mac Input Encoding?
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 09:18:12 +0200	[thread overview]

At 06:19 PM 8/5/2002 +0000, Alexandre Enkerli wrote:
> > I suppose that you use fonts from tex live or so
>I'd like to stick to the standard postscript fonts...
>Does changing fonts really involve a change in encoding/regime, with
>ConTeXt? Seems a bit less than practical.

it's really not that complicated, it's mainly a matter of mapping input
codes to font codes

if you use 'standard ps fonts' then the only thing that is needed is to map
the mac keyboard coed onto their counterparts

> > can you define one (by looking at the enco- regi files)?
>Possibly. I just thought someone else had done this. I should check with the
>people on MacOSX-TeX...
>It does some like a relatively large amount of work...

not really, since it's only making one list of

<special char>  <number in mac encoding>

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl