* arranging: Four pages on one
@ 2002-08-11 20:21 Johannes Hüsing
From: Johannes Hüsing @ 2002-08-11 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greetings,

is it possible to get a \setuparranging-like switch which allows me to
place four landscape-oriented pages all in their original orientation,
ie. without turning over or reflecting any page?

Looking at the source I presume I have to define a \pusharrangedpageFOURC
put I haven't worked out yet how to do it right.

Regards

Johannes
--
Johannes Hüsing   There is something fascinating about science. One gets
hannes@ruhrau.de  such wholesale returns of conjecture from such a

* Re: arranging: Four pages on one
@ 2002-08-12  8:52 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-08-12  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 10:21 PM 8/11/2002 +0200, Johannes Hüsing wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>is it possible to get a \setuparranging-like switch which allows me to
>place four landscape-oriented pages all in their original orientation,
>ie. without turning over or reflecting any page?

maybe

texexec --pdfcomb --comb=2*2 yourfile

is what you look for
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: arranging: Four pages on one
@ 2002-08-12 17:04   ` Johannes Hüsing
From: Johannes Hüsing @ 2002-08-12 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 10:52:27AM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
> At 10:21 PM 8/11/2002 +0200, Johannes Hüsing wrote:
> >Greetings,
> >
> >is it possible to get a \setuparranging-like switch which allows me to
> >place four landscape-oriented pages all in their original orientation,
> >ie. without turning over or reflecting any page?
>
> maybe
>
> texexec --pdfcomb --comb=2*2 yourfile
>
> is what you look for

Just about, except that I would like the destination papersize to be
A2 landscape and not A4 portrait, and thus keep the pages at their
original size.

--format=a2 doesn't work.

\setuparranging[2*2] sets up a different arranging, as described in MAPS 20.

Greetings

Johannes
--

@ 2002-08-15 16:06     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-08-15 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 07:04 PM 8/12/2002 +0200, Johannes Hüsing wrote:
>On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 10:52:27AM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
> > At 10:21 PM 8/11/2002 +0200, Johannes Hüsing wrote:
> > >Greetings,
> > >
> > >is it possible to get a \setuparranging-like switch which allows me to
> > >place four landscape-oriented pages all in their original orientation,
> > >ie. without turning over or reflecting any page?
> >
> > maybe
> >
> > texexec --pdfcomb --comb=2*2 yourfile
> >
> > is what you look for
>
>Just about, except that I would like the destination papersize to be
>A2 landscape and not A4 portrait, and thus keep the pages at their
>original size.
>
>--format=a2 doesn't work.

some options accept --paper

alternatively, peek into the generated texexec.tex, copy it, edit it and ...

Hans

@ 2002-08-15 16:13 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-08-15 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context, w.egger

At 10:21 PM 8/11/2002 +0200, Johannes Hüsing wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>is it possible to get a \setuparranging-like switch which allows me to
>place four landscape-oriented pages all in their original orientation,
>ie. without turning over or reflecting any page?
>
>Looking at the source I presume I have to define a \pusharrangedpageFOURC
>put I haven't worked out yet how to do it right.

right, not that hard to extend, if you can explain in detail what is needed

actually, willy can do it (has done it before)

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl