* ConTeXt and forms - getting started?
@ 2002-08-28  3:46 Michael W Daniels
From: Michael W Daniels @ 2002-08-28  3:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm trying to create a pdf file that uses line and text fields. So I
thought a good way to start would be to create a minimal file, to test that
everything's installed properly (I'm using MiKTeX 2.2 on WinXP). Based on
the widgets documentation file, the file below looks like something that
ought to work.

Unfortunately, I just get a solid black box (exactly the right size,
though) in the resulting pdf file. Have I missed a crucial command, or is
something wrong with my setup?

Here's the test file I used:

\font\rm = tyxr at 12pt
\setupoutput[pdftex]
\setuppapersize[letter]
\setupbodyfont[12pt]
\setuppagenumber[state=stop]
\setupwhitespace[small]
\setupfield[ShortLine]
            [label,frame,horizontal]
            [offset=4pt,height=fit,framecolor=green,
             background=screen,backgroundscreen=.80]
            [height=18pt,width=80pt,align=middle,
             background=screen,backgroundscreen=.90,frame=off]
            [height=18pt,width=80pt,color=red,align=right,style=type,
             background=screen,backgroundscreen=.90,frame=off]
\definefield[Email][line][ShortLine][][pragma@wxs.nl]
\starttext
\rm\field[Email][your email]
\stoptext

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
--
Michael W. Daniels          | "The thunder was ominous-sounding, much
daniels@ling.ohio-state.edu |  like the sound of a thin sheet of metal

* Re: ConTeXt and forms - getting started?
@ 2002-08-28 16:39 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2002-08-28 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am Mittwoch, 28. August 2002 05:46 schrieb Michael W Daniels:
> though) in the resulting pdf file. Have I missed a crucial command, or is
> something wrong with my setup?

At least you missed \setupinteraction[state=start]

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
--
http://www.fiee.net
http://www.ramm.ch

* Re: ConTeXt and forms - getting started?
@ 2002-08-29  1:00   ` Michael W Daniels
From: Michael W Daniels @ 2002-08-29  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 06:39 PM 8/28/2002 +0200, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
>At least you missed \setupinteraction[state=start]

You're right; adding that in did the trick.

That command isn't listed in the index of the main user manual, and doesn't
show up anywhere in the widgets file. Is there another bit of documentation
I should be reading?

--

@ 2002-08-29 18:46     ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2002-08-29 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am Donnerstag, 29. August 2002 03:00 schrieb Michael W Daniels:
> >At least you missed \setupinteraction[state=start]
> You're right; adding that in did the trick.
>
> That command isn't listed in the index of the main user manual, and doesn't
> show up anywhere in the widgets file. Is there another bit of documentation
> I should be reading?

Oh, a lot! ;-)

And study the sources, every line of it!
At last you may change your name to G.B. ... ;-)

Without jokes: It's sometimes helpful to habe a look into the sources,
especially with new features. Hans writes much comments and sometimes
examples of use directly between the code.

For my presentation styles I copied first one of the distribution, slightly
similar to my expections. At last nearly everything was rewritten (with many
hints by Hans & the list).

And there's really a lot of documentation worth reading!

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
--
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://www.ramm.ch/context/

* Re: ConTeXt and forms - getting started?
@ 2002-08-29 21:41     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-08-29 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 09:00 PM 8/28/2002 -0400, Michael W Daniels wrote:
>At 06:39 PM 8/28/2002 +0200, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
>>At least you missed \setupinteraction[state=start]
>
>You're right; adding that in did the trick.
>
>That command isn't listed in the index of the main user manual, and
>doesn't show up anywhere in the widgets file. Is there another bit of
>documentation I should be reading?

well, the command is in my still not finished version ... but:

take a look at the presentation styles (s-pre-*.tex)

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: ConTeXt and forms - getting started?
@ 2002-08-29 22:05 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-08-29 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 11:46 PM 8/27/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm trying to create a pdf file that uses line and text fields. So I
>thought a good way to start would be to create a minimal file, to test
>that everything's installed properly (I'm using MiKTeX 2.2 on WinXP).
>Based on the widgets documentation file, the file below looks like
>something that ought to work.
>
>Unfortunately, I just get a solid black box (exactly the right size,
>though) in the resulting pdf file. Have I missed a crucial command, or is
>something wrong with my setup?

\setupcolors[state=start]